Prologue

because she's the most amazing person in the world and because she cares 

© This book is copyrighted, all rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_____________________________________________________________________________

Heart racing, breaths shallow, mind whirring.

I couldn't run any faster, I had nothing left in me but I couldn't give up now.

Despite being convinced it was impossible, I found that I actually cared. I've heard many times that love is a complicated conquest, but never before did I actually think that such a thing could in any way relate to me. I remember when I was a really little kid, when mum and dad were a constant, always there, always side by side, unashamed about showing their love to the world.

Then they were just gone, and I remember nothing. Kind of similarly to the love in my life.

But now... I didn't want them to be hurt, they weren't bad, I couldn't let my Logan come to any harm.

If my recklessness could make a difference then why not?

Because they didn't ask for this. They didn't deserve it.

They couldn't see what had been awaiting them if they continued, they didn't know the danger that lay on the outskirts of the territory because they weren't out there.

I was.

I couldn't figure out His motives, I couldn't even begin to comprehend the coldness in His heart, I couldn't help but be afraid.

This was not helped by the fact that I could not shake the feeling that I should recognise Him.

But I couldn't afford to dwell too deeply on that right now, I was literally running for my life and this time it felt far more serious, I could taste it with every breath that I took and I could smell the anger and blood-lust rolling off of my pursuers in waves, I was drowning in it.

Vision greying, lungs burning, paws biting.

No.

I wouldn't let them overcome me, the stakes were higher than ever but hadn't I been craving a challenge for weeks? This was merely a higher level, and I sure as hell wouldn’t let them get to me. If they thought they could beat me here they were sorely mistaken, I was the master of chaos, and death games were what I lived for.

So they want to destroy me? Scare me? Break me? I'll laugh in their faces.

Because I’m Nixie Silver, and here I’m in my element, here I am strongest.

Let the games begin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So, my first upload, be proud earth, be very proud ;) I will be uploading weekly from Sunday, sorry that I can't do any more than that because I have GCSEs on the go at the moment since it's my final year and I am working very hard.

The First few posts are going to be short, simply because I want to get used to posting before I go writing mad, lol :)

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

If this does well I'll be entering it into the watty awards, so show me some love people :)

EDITED