Chapter 1- Knightly

Step one: Hide.

The footsteps clambered closer. My closet door opened oh-so- conveniently opened as he walked in.

Okay, scratch that: be ready to grab something and throw.

"Oh where-oh-where has the little Knightly Rae gone?" his voice bounced off my walls as I cowered with a one inch heel in my hand.

I know he knows where I am. He always knows where I was. This time was no different.

His black eyes spotted me and he grinned. I whimpered, closed my eyes and weakly threw my heel at him. It didn't even reach his feet.

"Awe, now K, you know how I feel about disobedience." He chuckled.

I still had my eyes closed as his calloused hand gripped my upper arm and heaved me up to my full height.

His grip was overbearingly tight and I knew a bruise would form.

"Open your godforsaken eyes and look at me, heathen." his breath filled my nose and it smelled like cigars.

"Y-yes sir." I whispered.

I opened my eyes and earned a malice glare. I flinched. His glare was making me nervous, they always did. He raised his hand and caught my throat and squeezed. Tears formed in my eyes from lack of air to my lungs.

"Pack what you have, we're moving." He said and let go after a tense squeeze on my throat once more and left my room.

'Moving? Again.' I thought as I shakily got up. I smiled crookedly. 'At least I didn't get whipped today.

'I really am strange to be happy after that.' I thought as I followed Dale's advice and started packing what little things I have.

I knew my cot was gone and I didn't have much clothes so all of it fit in a medium sized suitcase.

I trudged down with a blank face as I neared the end of the stairs.

"When are we leaving?" I asked timidly.

"Now." Lia said.

I nodded and pulled my stuff along to the car outside. Lia and Dale smiled as I wordlessly entered the car and closed it gently behind me. An apple was thrown in my lap and I rolled it in my hands.

"Dinner." Dale said, as I expected.

I merely nodded and leaned my head against my head the cold window and shut my eyes to the bright light of the sun.

(£¥)

"Hey Fab, how was your weekend?" I asked as we walked into the high school doors.

"Fine, I went to your house, but it was empty. What the hell, where are ya?"

Fable put her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes behind my sunglasses and looked at her. Fable's brown hair in mini pig tales and her brown eyes outlined with khol eyeliner.

"Dale made us move again." I said curtly, she as well as everybody else in this town knew that Dale and Lia loved to move around in this blasted town.

"Great, where ya live now?" Fable glanced at the jocks across our lockers.

"Down Sickiefill Lane, pale blue house." I said over my shoulder as I opened my locker.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Fable nod as her fixed her bag on her shoulder. I pulled my English Lit text book and Trigonometry textbook and slammed my locker closed. Fable was fixing her Nirvana tee that she ripped at the sleeves and she looked up innocently at me.