Behind Shaded Eyes

Prolouge

Goodbye

The term sounds so final. So distant. A finality of what is up coming. I'd expect it to not be thought of much. The word was in a way, morbid. In reality, most of the people would say 'goodbye' without much thought. But where I come from there's a meaning behind it. There's always a meaning behind everything that's processed in my brain.

At a young age, I didn't think that the word 'goodbye' could sound so evil and final. I didn't except myself to be left alone to the world and sent to a place I thought only existed in books.

Fantasy became reality. All with a start of the word. That one particular word.

At the age of ten, I didn't know that hate came with blinding fury and rejection. But this word did, it always came back to me no matter how much I wished it didn't.

'Goodbye'.

What a cruel word.

So the irony comes into play, when I'm in a position close to death, and looking at someone who looked close to tears. The tears filling their eyes as I slumped my shoulders in defeat as the cold barrel pressed to my head and a hand held dagger up against my throat.

I thought I'd never say a word I hated so much. But yet as the gun cocked and indented itself deeper into my skull, I found myself numbingly telling them my final words.

"Goodbye, guys."

'What great final words,' I thought as I closed my eyes to my fate.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So guys, this is a new book I thought up the other night. I hope you like it.