36

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

36

(Picture is Walter)

Eli was silent with fury.

"We have to go back," Severn was wide awake now, looking around at us with round eyes.

I myself was struggling to keep my food down and I squeezed Walter's hand as my stomach tightened uncomfortably. He was holding my hand just as tight.

"They could be bluffing," Phoenix said with consideration. "It could be an ambush they want us to walk into."

"It's not a bloody bluff," Eli burst angrily. "They have her, otherwise they wouldn't know her name. Yeah, they've probably seen me and her around, or her and Coral, but that doesn't mean they know who she is. Seeing her with us only confirms that they can use her as hostage. They got her to tell them her name, meaning they have her."

"Eli's right," I said reluctantly, wishing so much that he hadn't been. "Hayley's never introduced herself to the Santiagos and neither have I or Eli. She must have told them herself, meaning she's with them right now."

Eli bent his head, gripping his hair with both his hands so tight that it must have hurt. He was trying not to fall apart. The Santiagos couldn't have had better timing, a massive blow to the Simpsons when they were already down over the date of their sister's death.

"Why are they doing this? What do they want?" I raised the question.

"It's payback for our ambush after they tried to take Melody," Walter explained.

"But this seems a little extreme," I creased my brows.

From as far as I knew, the gangs counteracted each move with an equally similar one. Kidnapping Hayley was not the same as a fight outside the pub. It didn't make sense.

"I can't fight in this," Gomez said, trying to fully rotate his arms in his slim fitting white shirt.

"Neither," Giovanni agreed, attempting to flex his arm.

"We have to go home first anyway," Landon said with a frown. "We don't have weapons."

"Shit yeah," Gomez realised in annoyance. "Okay we change when we get home."

"This is going to take too long," Eli was shaking his head, his eyes full of worry.

"Should we try texting back?" I asked. "Maybe he'll tell us where they are, where Hayley is."

"Leave them in the dark," Giovanni muttered. "So they don't expect a thing."

"But saying nothing might cause them to hurt her," Eli looked at him sharply.