14

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

14

(Picture is Walter)

    Walter stopped coming to school that first day.

A whole week had passed now, and it was Monday again. I had not seen Walter once in all that time and I didn't blame him, but I was hurting just as much as he was. I didn't want to stop seeing him, but I knew it was what I needed - the right thing to do. I still liked him, I still thought about him almost every second of every day, and I still thought about giving up and taking him back.

If he even wanted me back, that was.

"Coral, you should eat more," Hayley nudged my hand.

I took a bite of my apple, just to stop her going on about how little I was eating lately, and looked across the canteen at the triplets.

"I have to give his jumper back," I said blankly.

"Who's jumper?" Hayley frowned at me.    

"Severn's," I replied. "I still have his jumper that he let me borrow last week."

"Oh," Hayley hesitated.

"Do you think he'll talk to me?" I sighed, meeting her brown eyed gaze.

"There's no reason why not to," she shrugged.

"He won't even look at me," I let my shoulders sink. "None of them."

"I'm sure that's not true, you're over thinking things."

I wasn't. Not one of the triplets would catch my eye for more than a second whenever they saw me. Or course they had reason to be mad, I had basically criticized their way of life. It hurt me more to imagine how Walter would act towards me if he and I ever crossed paths again. I put my apple down.

"Coral," Hayley looked at me, appalled. "Please."

"I'm not in the mood," I shook my head. "I don't feel well Hayley, I think I'm going to go and see the nurse and hopefully go home."

"I'll take you," Hayley said, concern all over her face.

"Thanks," I sent her a weak smile and got up from my seat.

We cleared our trays and Hayley walked with me to the infirmary, giving my hand a squeeze before she left. The school nurse told me to have a seat and I had a cup of water while I waited to see her or one of the other assistant nurses. My stomach was cramping and I felt hot and tingly. I knew eating would make it feel better, but I didn't have an appetite and I couldn't stomach anything.

"Coral?" the school nurse called me into her little private room.

I followed her in and sat down, looking at my lap.

"How can I help you today?" she asked me. "Not feeling too well?"

"No," I shook my head, wrapping my arms round my middle. "I've got bad cramps and I can't concentrate in class."

"Oh poppet," the nurse gave me a sympathetic look. "Would you like some painkillers?"

"Sure," I replied, hoping she'd let me lie down for a while and maybe go home early.