Chapter 7

Alicia's POV

The next few days of my existance the flashbacks were like a shadow clinging to the back of my mind. I felt the tickle in the back of my mind often enough but subduing them was harder than neccesary. All week my new brother had trailed me like a shadow eyes following my every move. I enjoyed the attention but as every experience with overprotective males would go I got tired of the lack of privacy. As my patience wore thin and Zeke danced on my very last nerve I found myself infront of my adoptive mom about to engage a disgruntled Zeke in a shouting match of epic proportions.

" I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU!," it was the straw that broke the camels back and for a bare moment I was about to apologize and resign myself to a life with no male contact when Zeke released the kill blow. "You have anxiety, you hurt yourself. You need me!" Zeke clapped his hand over his mouth and looked at me like he would at an animal he had startled as he assessed the reaction the cornering the startled animal elicited.

"How long have you known?" my voice sounded small to my own ears and the hurt echoed in my heart like a shards of glass causing harm to whatever it touches. The shard glanced off the moments I had spent with my family darkening the seemingly innocent note to the memories and distorting the happy moments to a charity case. My head felt as though it would split in two, I stood from my chair and blindly groped for the door handle through my tears. THEY HAD LIED TO ME! I felt a sense of betrayal and shame. I had just begun to fall in love with my life here, know that I know how can I stay and take advantage of their pity. They were talking but I couldn't understand a word of what they were saying, I held up my hand and the background noise of their excuses came to a halt. "I don't want your pity, I want you to take me back to the orphanage."

Zach's POV

I gasped in shock and turned to her. The abruptness of her decision and my hurt at the thought of her leaving overwhelmed me. I turned my face a little to my parents and used the mind-link between members of the same pack to tell them my plan to keep her here. Ok son we can do that, but why are you so worried about keeping her here? my dad asked, our mental voices sound similar to our real voices but whatever emotion we are feeling gives an undertone to our thought speak that you don't get with the exterior forms of communication.

Dad I know she isn't my mate but I feel a link to her, it feels familial but I can't be related to her otherwise she would be a shifter too... and she would have to have been adopted in the first place. My dad could literally feel the honesty and curiosity in my mental voice so I excpected a reply like of course she wasn't and I got it but I felt an undercurrent of dishonesty in the thought, Dad why does that feel like a lie to me?

Zach it feels like a lie because, it felt like he was mentally drawing breath, it is.

We didn't want to tell you sweetheart, honey you are both adopted...

AN:

I know it's short but it is really important and besides that I have to write my other books a Happy New Year chappy! Don't tell anyone but I am gonna write youu guys the first chapter for this cool story I have been working on, You guys should follow me so you can know when I put up my super secret totally awesome story! (Hugs tightly) I love you like a Camel loves Hump Day my beaujiful readers (Yes, I spelled that right. I made up a word silly author does tiny victory dance) 350 of the users of Wattpad decided my crazy depressing story was worth reading. TEEHEE does weird spazzy dance again. I LUB you guys, see you next year!