Chapter 12

I felt shaky after running from Cooper, he called my name, practically waking up the whole house. Gee, can you be any louder? I slammed the door, jumping from it. I didn't mean for it to slam it like that. Reagan sat on the bed, with her eyebrows raised. "Any explanation as to why Cooper just woke the house up?" "I ran off after spilling how I felt.." I weakly spoke. She drew a breath, "Well, that's what he gets. He left you hanging, and he's got serious damage to prepare." "We sound like that we've been dating forever, and it's only been like a month...And we aren't even dating."

---

"C'mon wakey wakey Ells. We've got to get up and get dressed!" I groaned, flinching away from the sun beams flashing themselves in my face. "Get that out of my face!" I shrieked. She scrunched her face in disgust, "Ew, if I weren't in this room when you said that, I would've thought of something else, other than the sun." I flapped my arms around, "Ew, shut-up! I just woke up. That's not the best way to start the morning."

"Someone's a morning person." Reagan grumbled under her breath. I shook my head, laughing. She can be such a child sometimes.

I tugged on my sleeve, shivering. Since when did it start being cold? "Maybe you need to get your head out of the clouds and look around, there's frost everywhere... There's a cold front coming." I shot her a look, "More like the cold front is already here."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm just quoting the news woman this morning." "You mean the weather channel?" I trailed. She huffed, "Estella! Quit one- upping!" She laughed, making me laugh. "I do what I want." "No you don't!" I turned my head ever so slightly, staring at her. She stared back, I watched as her mouth fumbled. She couldn't decide to either be serious, or to laugh. I laughed at her, she pulled a grumpy cat face because she couldn't be serious. "Quit it! I hate you! I can't take it that I can't be serious around you!"

"What?! So you're going to hate me for it!" I wiggled my eyebrows, she turned her head. "WELL HATE ON IT!" I yelled, and the student body turned from their spots that littered the once empty parking lot. Reagan whipped her head around, laughing. "Dude! Shut-up! They're going to think we're freaks!" I gave her a strange look before muttering, "Well, they can hate on it too... BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANNNT!" Reagan clamped her small, but yet strong hand on my mouth, trying to keep her lips in a firm mouth. She drug me into the school building, "Geesh, quiet down will you?"

---

Cooper was desperately trying to get my attention, but I refused to let him receive satisfactory. Cooper was doodling on my paper. He drew random shapes, to head of wolves, to hearts.. Anything he thought of, he drew it. He left his mind link on. Obviously on purpose.. One of these drawings contains a potato, why that crossed his mnd you ask? The world may never know.
The teacher cleared her throat, quickly gaining the attention that she had lost from everyone, back. "Mr. Callings, Miss. Jennings do you two have something more important than my lesson? If so, please take the stage." She plastered a stupid ass smile on her face, motioning to the board.
'Stupid ass bitch- you know what. Yes, I do have something important..'
Shit, here we go.
My eyes grew wide, watching him step out of his seat and walk to the board.
The teacher didn't expect it either, because her eyes also grew, but she took a seat at her desk.
"I've screwed up a lot lately, and it's all my fault. I don't have anyone to blame but myself. I thought hurting the one I loved would help me in the long run, but it didn't. It didn't help at all, it obviously only made matters worse. I don't know what I was thinking, but I don't want to sound cliche, or something you'd hear off of movies, I'm trying my best to repair that damage I tore apart, and I really do mean what I'm saying.  And I just wanted to let you know that."
He finished, locking eyes with me.
Reagan already had her head turned to the side, watching my every move.
Quit being creepy.
"Thank you, mister Callings, anyone else?" Sounding amused.
"Uh, yeah. Me." Some kid stood from the back of the class room.
---

"He actually means it, but I don't think you should give in too easily."
"I know Reagan. I'm not going to. I think that shit he pulled back there was fake, but who knows."
"He wasn't bullshitting, he was dead serious. But you should make him chase,"
"That's what I did in the first place, but what did he do? Ran off and kissed another girl!"
"I know, but something tells me this time it'll be different."
"Really? Because cheating on your mate isn't different?"
"Technically you weren't dating." Reagan pointed out.
"Technically, he knew we were mates and shouldn't have pulled that shit."
"Well, you did hang with Noah, maybe he.wanted revenge."
"Like I was going to do shit with Noah!"
"You did kiss Dylan."
I groaned, "You told me to do that!"
"Still, just stating facts."
"Just stating, he kissed that bimbo before I even thought about kissing Dylan."
"Bimbo? Is some one jealous?"
"Shut up."