1.2 - Just Another Day for Coffee

~ 2 weeks before performance ~

♤ Mckayla's Perspective ♤

I woke up in the new sheets of my new bed in my new loft. I still wasn't used to waking up in my new apartment even though I've been here for about a week. Merritt has been calling me everyday after we separated, asking if I'm okay and if I feel like living with him again. If I wasn't thinking any better he was the one who missed living with me. I haven't really bought any furnature yet so my apartment looks very empty. I stretched my body and lazily trudged downstairs. When I took the last step on the stairs, I enjoyed the beautiful view of New York City. I've always loved the urban areas of places because there is always something to do. I feel like if I was left in the country I wouldn't survive a day. After sightseeing I walked to my fridge. Being disappointed that I still forgot to stock up food. And I've been here for a week!

Anyways since I don't have many things in my fridge but leftover take-out from last night, and that there's nothing in the cupboards, I decided to go and buy breakfast at Top Hats and Subway. Top Hats is now my all time favourite coffee shop because their caramel lattés and community service is off the charts. The woman Merritt tried to flirt with, I later learned her name was Clarissa, is my favourite barista and aunt.

I walked back upstairs, into my bedroom and searched my closet for clothes. I found my black skinny jeans, navy blue v-neck tshirt and leather jacket and put them on, I always pull this look off. I grabbed my fedora, keys and wallet and slipped on my leather doc martens'.After I locked my apartment, I took the elevator to the main lobby, and greeted the kind secretary a nice day and went on my way.

I walked down the streets of New york and everyone was still rushing around trying to not be late wherever they were going. 10 minutes later I walked into the café, had been welcomed by the warm smell of coffee and Clarissa's warm smile. I walked up to the counter," how's it going Clarissa?" She was wiping some drinking glasses dry, probably from last night."Nothing really, just the same old. The morning rush, rude people wanting refunds saying,' this is rubbish!' So I'm doing just fine," she said with sarcasm dripping from her voice. This coffee shop isn't those famous cafés like "Starbucks" or "Second Cup" but in my opinion, and the people I usually see here, think that this place is awesome and deserves some credit.

Although I feel bad that Clarissa doesn't get a big of a salary than usual coffee shops. "Aw, at least you know you have one loyal customer," I referred to myself, trying to lighten up her mood. "Yeah, and I love and thank you for that. The usual?" she asked warmly, replacing her sad voice with a kind one. Over the past few days she's grown closer to me like an aunt. "You know it" I said with a smile. She punched in the the code and I paid. Then I received my drink a few mintues later, thanking everyone with their great service and walked out.

I then strolled around the city looking for a Subway shop. When I got to the sandwich shop my delicious caramel latté was already done for. I bought an egg and sausage breakfast sandwich and started to walk back to my apartment, wanting to eat my food in the comfort of my own home. I got to the tall, 40 story building and used my card to unlock the lobby's door. While I was walking to my door I noticed a tall, built man, that looked like a bodyguard, standing infront of my doorway. "Excuse me? Are you looking for someone?" I asked the man. "Are you Mckayla Mckinney?," he asked. The man had a low and scruffy voice that is not pleasing. "Who's asking?" I looked at the man more carefully. He looked in his 40s, has a boring and miserable life at the job he works at. "Answer the question." He rolled his eyes. You're not the only one annoyed right now, I thought to myself. "Not until I know who sent you." "That is none of your business," the man tried to grab me with his gorilla like hands but I ducked and did a full round-house kick. He fell on his back, groaning. "Who sent you?" I yelled at him sternly.

"I did," a british voice answered my question. I instintaniously looked towards where the voice came from. There stood a man, maybe mid 20s, in a navy blue suit," in my opinion-" I cut him off. "No one is asking for it. Who are you and what do you want?" I said daringly. I didn't like the aura this guy has. I can tell he wants something I have or know. He stared at me intensly, "- hurting one of my guards wasn't nessessary. Also, if you want to do this or not, please come with me." This man is up to no good. Don't trust him. "Hell, why would you think I'd go with you?" I shouted. "I guess you choose the hard way. Why do people choose that? It's hard!" The man said the second part more to himself than directing it to me. Before I knew it a wet cloth was covering my nose and mouth. I knew that smell, it's that medecine that makes you pass out. The last thing I saw was a black cloth like bag cover my head. Great.

Heyyy what's up? Here's another chapter for you guys. Hope you are enjoying this story. Vote/Comment/Share. Thank you Pandas!!

                                             - Poisonous Panda M.