Chapter 7

“And that’s all…” I smiled and everyone clapped. I looked over at Roc standing on the other side of the project board. When we made eye contact he quickly looked away. It’s been 2 weeks since Roc and I kissed. We have both been avoiding each other, we didn’t even talk while putting this board together. I guess we both are a little embarrassed to talk about it. " Miss Tyler, Mr. August you two have earned yourself an A." Mr. Dannie said. " Thanks." Roc and I walked back to our seats. It’s been super awkward around the house. During dinner it silent other than Mrs. August nagging us to talk to each other. She didn’t know why we aren’t talking, well at least I don’t think. " Great job up there you too!" the new girl Brittany said. She is really nice. Over the past two days shes been here we gotten along. 
- Lunch – I sat alone at the middle table in the lunch room until Brittany came along with 3 other people. " Hay, you don’t mind if we sit here?" she asked smiling. " No go ahead." as they sat down Lura and her clones passed by. " Eww, trash should not be at the tables." she smirked. " Eww ***** should not be at schools." I shrugged. Her clones ohhh’d. “oh shut up!” she continued to walk. “ha that was a good one!” Brittany laughed. " thanks" I laughed along with her. " oh wait I’m begin so rude! These are some of the friends I’ve made, this is Shante." she pointed to her left. I smiled. " This is Rashia." she pointed to her right. I waved. " And this is Tiffany." she pointed to the other side of Shante. I scrunched my face up, I’ve seen Tiffiany somewhere before. " I’ve seen you- wait a minute your the girl I ran into the other day!" " oh yeah! I’m sorry bout that I was in a really bad mood,." she explained. " Don’t worry bout it." While we continued talking Roc walked into the lunch room. My stomach immediately got butterflies as he walked my way. I kinda stared as he walked my way. " ohh somebody got a crush…" Rashia said. I shock my head. " Whatever!" they all laughed. " Hay, mind if I sit next to you?" Roc asked. " um go ahead…" This is so awkward at least Brit and them are here. “Umm we will talk to you later okay?” Tiffany said as they all got up. Great! “Okay, Bye!” I kinda gave them the eye and they just laughed. Roc and I sat there in Silence until he decided to break it. “I got practice today after school, do you wanna stay and wait on me or have my mom come pick you up?” he asked. “I’ll stay and watch.” I replied. He smiled. “okay..”
- Practice – I watched as Roc and his partner passed the basketball ball back and forth. “Alright, we gonna play a game of shirt and skins!” the coach yelled. “when I call your name come over here. James, Allen, Bryce, Darius, Brad, Brandon and Roc. You are all skins the rest shirts!” Oh Thank you Lawd! Roc took his shirt off and his abs were already glowing from sweating earlier. He ran over to me. " hay, can you hold my shirt for me?" he smiled. “sure” I looked at his abs. He smirked. " You like what you see?" I giggled. " I’ve seen better." he chuckled. " sure." He then walked off to play. 
- Home – I sat my head back while relaxing in the inside jacuzzi. Soon I heard someone open the door and come in. " Kayla I’m going to the store, the house phones are out right now so just call me from you cell if you need me." Roc explained to me. “oh oka-” I almost forgot my dad crushed my phone and I no longer have one! “Wait, I don’t have a phone!” I yelled for him. He came back down. " okay, u wanna just ride with me?" “sure.”
At store/ Rocs P.O.V. – " You can just stay in, I’ll be back in like 10 mins." " okay" I got out the car and walked into best buy. Last week I over head my mom and Kayla talking and I found out that tmr is her Birthday! ( December the 4) I came today to find her something. I had no idea what to get her but now I do. A iPhone 4G s, she love it I’m going to get it in her favorite color, Hot pink. 
- Next Day/ Kayla P.O.V. – Finally 17! Too bad no one knows other than Mrs. August. I slowly rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom, bush my teeth, washed my face, and then went to the kitchen. It smelled amazing, pancakes, eggs, bacon, orange juice. Yummy! " Hay Mrs. August, this smells great!" I smiled. " thank you honey this is your present from me,Happy birthday sweetie!" I smiled and hugged her. She is just like a mom to me. “Oh yeah Roc said when you wake come to his room.” “okay” I ran up the stairs and into Rocs room. A huge smile grew on my face as I entered. Roc had a huge banner on his wall that said Happy Birthday Kayla! I put my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. My eyes became watery and then Roc came from out of no where with a box in his hands and his arms open waiting for a hug. I ran and jumped into his arms. “Omg Roc thank you so much! This means the world to me right now!”. Tears of joy rolled down my face onto Roc shirt. He chuckled. " why you crying?" " Because I’m happy!" I smiled. " oh here um this is for you." as he handed it to me he took out his phone and thumbed around on it then put it back in his pocket. Soon, a phone stared to ring, it was coming from the box. A smile grew on Rocs face. I slowly opened the box and there was a pink IPhone! My mouth dropped, I picked up the phone and i had a text. From Roc it said: happy birthday I hope you enjoy this present and I have one more …… “Whats the other present?” I questioned Roc. He took a deep breath and began to talk. " Kayla, if you didnt already know I really like you. You brighten my day when I see you." I smiled and my eyes began to water. “The day we kissed would have to be the best day of my life. I guess i was avoiding you because I was scared that you didn’t feel the same and you didn’t like kissing me.” he shrugged and looked down. I sniffed. " really? I’m like the biggest nerd at our school and you think I didn’t like kissing you?" I smiled. He did the same. " Your not a nerd, your a beautiful, intelligent girl that I want to be mine…" a tear slowly rolled down my face as Roc said those last words. " Kayla will you be my boo?" he asked. " I I- I’d loved to be…" Roc smiled and tackled me with a bear hug. I couldn’t help but cry. Roc sat me down and wiped my tear. “Kiss me” I said to him. He smiled and did as said. –VOTE ! Follow Me On Twitter @ILYAfroPuff