Chapter 4

#treacherouswp

***

Chapter 4

"Good luck, sweetheart." Daddy told me and he's been smiling ear to ear.

"Thanks, Dad." I smiled. "But please stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Smiling like that!"

Humalakhak siya. "I can't help it. I'm just so happy that you finally decided to stay here for good."

My smile slowly disappeared as I shot my Dad a sad and apologetic look. "I  just realized that this is where I'm supposed to be. I love being with Granny and Grandpa in Canada but you're my Dad and I should stay here beside you."

"You know I'm always okay with what you want. Look, I'm happy that you decided to stay but if your heart is in Canada, I can always adjust for you. Pwede naman ako ang dumalaw-dalaw sa'yo doon." Dad said, making me feel warm and fuzzy.

Maybe he's the reason why I find it so hard to have a boyfriend. It's because I can never find a man who would love me just like how my Dad loves me.

"No, Dad. It's not that. I want to stay here, too. I'm having fun here. I'm loving it here."

"Then that's the only thing that matters."

***

I have no idea how long I've been scrolling through Northfields University's official website to check about the stuff that I needed to know before deciding to enroll for this coming school year.

May scandals ba? Is the quality of education good? Nagtanong naman na ako kina Rylie at Archer and they both told me a lot of good things about the university  but I wanted to find it out myself.

So far, wala pa naman akong nakikitang negative about the university aside from the fact that Gio is studying in it and that his grandfather is the president of the university.

I also found out that a lot of elite people are studying in NU. The students there are mostly the sons and daughters of CEOs, professionals, and even the big artists here in the Philippines.

I was pulled out of my own trance the second Rylie's text popped up on my phone screen.

Rylie:
Heyaaa, girl. Are you ready?

Me:
Yep. You?

Rylie:
I'm ready. ;) I'll just see you there?

Me:
Oki.

Pagkasend ko noon sa kanya ay kaagad na akong lumabas ng kwarto ko. Ngayon ang enrollment namin at wala nang atrasan 'to. I've decided to just go for it. Rylie's there, my cousin is there, I'm all good. To hell with Gio. I'll treat the man like thin air.

When I arrived at the university, Rylie told me to meet her at the Plaza where the college freshmen are holding their events, showcasing the beautiful banners and booths for every school. There's the school of medicine, school of engineering and so much more.

Where is that woman already? There's a lot of people in here and I can't see her.

Nagtingin-tingin ako sa paligid at natanaw ko ang isang pamilyar na babae na nakatayo at mukhang may hinahanap rin. Si Rylie. Lalapitan ko na sana siya pero nakakailang hakbang pa lamang ako ay may naramdaman akong humila sa braso ko. Kaagad ko namang hinarap para malaman kung sino iyon.

Awtomatikong kumulo ang dugo ko nang makita ko kung sino ang humila sa akin. It was Gio Villa-fucking-zamora, looking both surprised and pissed off to see me. Ang kapal ng mukha. Siya pa ang may ganang mainis?