Chapter 2

#treacherouswp

***

Chapter 2

I gave myself a one last scan in front of my mirror to decide whether I'm ready to go or not. Dad's business partner made a private reservation at Las Flores. And since it's them that we are meeting tonight, I decided to wear a white tube dress that I paired with a cream colored blazer. Just to make myself look presentable yet chic in front of Dad's partners.

I also curled my straight blonde hair. I'm not naturally blonde since both of my parents are Filipino but living in Canada and seeing a lot of gorgeous women with blonde hair pushed me to go blonde as well. It's something that I didn't regret doing because I loved how blonde looks on me.

"Geremy..." Dad greeted the man who immediately stood up the moment we entered the private room. Mukha itong nasa mid forties na niya but you can't deny the fact that he's a heartthrob back in his time.

"Suzie, hello..." Dad greeted the woman beside Geremy with a cheek to cheek kiss. I gave the woman a quick scan and she immediately reminded me of Charlotte York from Sex and The City. The way she elegantly holds her posture and as well as her outfit... damn. Chef's kiss. She's the kind of woman that you can proudly put next to Kate Middleton.

"This is my daughter— Amber." Dad introduced me to them. "Sweetheart, these are my friends, Geremy and Suzie."

I smiled and shook their hands. "Pleasure to meet you, Geremy and Suzie." I say.

"Likewise," they replied.

"You grew up into a fine young lady..." Suzie said, smiling sweetly at me and that made me a bit confused and Suzie seemed to notice.

"You Dad used to take you with him everytime he visited my husband's office." She explained.

Oh. That explains why they kinda look familiar. Both of them.

"By the way, where are the twins?" Dad asked them.

Twins? May anak sila na twins? I hope they're both girls and I hope they're into kaartehans para naman may maging friends ako dito sa Pinas.

"Hay nako, they're just here somewhere. Nagpapa-picture pa si Rylie. Pang Instagram daw niya." Suzie replied. Napangiti ako.

Nice.

"Let's have a seat first. Um-order na kami, I hope you guys don't mind." Geremy said as we sat on the table.

"No, not at all. I'm actually glad that you did because I'm starving." Dad said.

"Oh there they are." Biglang sabi ni Geremy habang nakatingin sa likod ko kaya awtomatiko naman akong napatingin sa kung saan siya nakatingin. Isang babae at lalaki ang naglalakad papalapit sa kinaroroonan namin and as they get closer, I'm beginning to recognize the tall man beside the beautiful lady.

"Oh my gosh! It's him!" shocked at mahina kong sabi sa sarili ko at kaagad na umayos ng upo. What the fucking fuck? What kind of game is the universe trying to play me?

"Good evening po, Mr. Loyzaga. You're here na pala. So sorry we left." the girl said politely. Hindi ko sila tinitignan. Nakayuko lang ako.

"It's okay hija." I heard my Dad say. Inaya na silang umupo nina Geremy at Suzie. Tumabi sa 'yung babae kay Suzie habang 'yung masungit na guy naman ay umupo sa harapan ko. Pagka-upo nila ay saktong dumating na ang mga pagkain.

"Amber." Suzie called me. Nagdadalawang isip man akong mag-angat nang tingin ay ginawa ko. Pagka-angat ko nang tingin ay nagtama ang mga mata namin noong masungit na guy. I don't remember his name but I remember his psychotically handsome features.