A Parallel Universe

John was eight years old when he found the hole.

It was in the early afternoon one day when John Gypsie chanced upon this enchanted hole. He and his seven brothers were playing tag by the forest when he plunged into the hole. He landed on a field of multicolored dasies and the daisies greeted him hello with a song.

John rubbed his eyes to see if he was dreaming. No such luck.

As soon as he had done the reality check, shock started to erupt inside him.

He ran amok toward to particular direction, causing him to run in big circles.

The daisies conversed with one another, commenting how this strange kid that dropped out of the sky wasn't safe for their children to be around. They ordered the kids to duck their heads into the ground while they settled things with the confused young man.

John stopped running when he noticed that a third of the daisy heads dissappeared into the ground, particularly the orange colored ones. Then, he started to laugh. It was, a pretty hilarious sight.

'Hey you!' A green lady daisy spoke up.

'Me?' John's eyes widened and searched for the daisy that spoke.

'Yes you. What is your business here?'

'I don't know miss. I fell into a hole from up there' he replied whilst looking toward the sky.

Their conversation was interrupted when they heard a sweet song coming towards them. A little girl could be seen and the baby daisies popped back up, swaying at the melody.

'laaa.. laaaa... laaa... deeee.... deee... dum.... deee... dum...'

John was mesmerised with her face. It was sweet and lovable. The little girl grabbed him by the arm and skipped out of the field. All he could do, was follow.

They talked for hours, about seahorses, ponies, giraffes and pop tarts. It was marvellous. John had never had a conversation like such. Soon, it was time for him to return to his world.

Charlie, the girl, showed him how to go back there. She told him he had to take a helium filled balloon and fly up into the baby blue sky. That was what he did.

When he got himself out of the hole, John was wearing a smile. Strangely, time had not passed while he was away.

That night, John kept thinking about Charlie. As if things weren't peculiar enough, John's best friend was named Charlie too! In fact, Charlie reminded John of Charlie, who was a male.

The next few months, John visited the other world and got close to her. One day, he told her that he loved her.

Charlie looked at him and told him that she too, liked him.

John decided to run away to this other world so he could be with Charlie. So it was done.

For years, no one knew what happened to John, except John, God, Charlie and the hole. Then one day, John's best friend who was the male Charlie, fell into the hole.

John was delighted to meet his old friend and took him to meet his wife and children.

When Charlie met Charlie....

Male and female Charlie did not know how to break the news to John. So female Charlie started 'Honey, I hate to break it to you... but this man.. is me.' she pointed to John's childhood best friend.

Both the Charlie's didn't know how to explain how they knew- they just did.

With a nervous smile male Charlie looked at John.

Awkward moment much?