Falling For The Killer / CHAPTER FIVE

^Thankyou for the amazing new cover !

this chapter kinda' sucks. It doesn't have enough info in it, and it's really short. But I promise the next chapter will be longer then the rest I have posted, and it will have more going on. Please keep reading, thanks.

________________________________________________________________________________

ALEX'S P.O.V.

Who could it be at this time? I tried to peak from my scratched out dark windows, but they were installed so that I couldn't see outside, and they could see inside. Shit.

Where could I hide Lexia? Whoever it was...couldn't see her. Just couldn't. I carried her awfully light, delicate body over to the spare room next door, and faintly shut the door in front of me, after I had done that, I walked, well slowly ran - fast walking towards my front door, where the heavy knocking was coming from. I twisted the door handle.

"Hey." Said a dark curly hair girl, walking into my house. "Can I come in?" She pleaded.

"Uh..yeah sure" I stuttered. It was Aurelia, I called her Auri. She was one of my nurses, if I got hurt, she'd come - right away. Maybe she could fix Lexia up? But I couldn't let her know...

I led her over to my living room, over to the sofa. I watched her sit, I sat besides her. "So, what leads you over here?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." She spoke with a high-pitched voice, sarcastically. I knew someone or something told her that something's up with me.

"Really? Is that the truth?" I raised my eyebrows in doubt.

"Well, Colin told me something's up with you. So I came to check." She smiled, leaning down on the sofa.

"That asshole" I murmured to myself. "He's lying" I spoke up with confidence.

I heard some glass getting knocked off it's stable. Lexia probably woke up. I hope Auri didn't hear anything.

"Whoa what was that?" She narrowed her eyes, asking me. What do I say now?

"Oh nothing... it came from outside" I attempted to lie, but you could see right through me. I hope she'd just take my word for it. I looked down at my lap, started playing around with a thread that had worn out of my sofa.

"Really? Is that the truth?" She mimicked my voice from earlier before. I don't talk like that.

"Yep, bye now. Thanks for visiting." I rushed my voice, in order to try to get her out. I rushed to the door, guarding it with my arms.

"If there's nothing there...let me in?" She solicit her request. I couldn't let her in. She would go all crazy start telling my 'friends'

"Uh... " I hesitated, I didn't know what to say. "You can..." I was still guarding the door.

"I can what?" She said, looking up at me. I could trust her, I could trust her with anything. But I just didn't know what to do.

"Go on" I gave up.

The door handle twisted, I could feel sweat on my brow. I didn't really know why I was stressing so much, I guess I just cared about her.

Her brown hair slipped inside through the door. I followed her.

"What th--?!" An astound expression covered Auri's face, as she walked through a little deeper into the heart of the...room. I could hear her heart beating expeditiously. From miles away. She turned to me at an instant. "what the hell happened in here?!" She hollered into my face.