Falling For The Killer / CHAPTER ONE

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, but I have finally finished editing this chapter. I hope you guys like it! I'm sorry that it is short but, I didn't really have much inspiration for this chapter, once I have gotten more chapters, I will have more pages once again, all comments are being read and considered, and votes and reads are very much welcomed. A big shout out to all of my readers and fans for making this story possible. Also, a big thank you to my sister Lexia who was found missing on 11th September, and was found on 15th April. I love you forever sis!

-----------------------------------------------------------

 “Wake up, hurry up” I heard a shaky, faint voice up close.

I awakened once again, blinking a number of times to make my sight a bit clearer. Sighing in dis-belief, I picked myself up, looking around the dark, damp house. I felt a cold hand run down my forehead. In front of me, I saw a dark-haired boy, his dark blue eyes filled mystery into the atmosphere.

Where was I? I couldn’t remember anything. Firstly, I was just out shopping with my best friend, and then I heard gunshots, and then… everything went blank. After, I seemed to find myself in someone’s dressing room; everything was blurry, dark and spooky. Who was I? I glanced down letting strips of my dark brown curly hair fall in front of my face. Why was I? This question remains unanswered.

“What...who…” I began to say, but I got cut off. I ran my fingers down my dark brown curly hair, and looked down at my contaminated dress, I felt a cold tear run down my cheeks, falling down, disappearing into the corrupted floor.

“It’s okay. I think. Just go wash yourself; it’s the first door on the left.” He demanded, in a deep voice. He got up walking away leaving me with answers.

I managed to lift myself up, shaking and dragged my feet across the floor, I opened the door that I was directed too, I saw it creak open revealing a rotten shower on a corner, with black wall tiles that had water stains – how old was this place?

Dark shadows swirled around my feet as I step closer into the immersed darkness. My fear raised as the autumn wind howled in the moonlight.  Silent outside, but scream in the inside. Glancing around nervously I saw sombre, old pictures on walls, with the eyes staring dead into my eyes.  Cold, hesitant light streams in through a cracked window, casting eerie shadows on the walls. I knew there was no escape now.

Once again, I looked back at him, glaring at my direction. I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t want to get him angry or anything – and then I’d die for sure.

“Hurry up then!” He hissed, it was meters away, but it felt like he was hollering in my face.

I shut the door behind me, hearing it screech and hit the end. I dragged the shower curtains with little yellow duck patterns against a blue background onto the other side. He had a nice choice. Sighing in relief, I let the warm water run down my back, relaxing me.  A few minutes later, I stepped out of the shower, grabbing one of the towels that hung on top of me. Slipping on some blue ripped jeans, that were obviously way too big for me, and a red plain t-shirt with a grey long-sleeve underneath I walked out of the bathroom, stumbling to walk.

“Here’s your food, hurry up” He shouted angrily in my face. I whimpered, covering my face wiping a few tears that build up in the corner of my big brown chocolate eyes.

“Uh…okay” I replied bluntly. I remained silent and began to eat the over-burnt toast that lay on my plate.

I sniffed, and again wiped my eyes.

“Stop crying” He reacted quite quickly, running his fingers down his dark brown shaggy hair that was shaped perfectly around his face.

I looked down at the oversized jeans that I had been given to wear, watched droplets fall – damping my clothes.

A stream of thoughts flowed through my head as I cried quietly. I wondered what I have ever done for me to deserve… this. I was just a normal teenager, I was studying architecture in college, I had my wonderful friends, my family life wasn’t so great, but I had finally got it together. This is what I get for shopping at late night.

“Hurry up, for fuck’s sake” He bawled in my face, a new set of tears filled my eyes.

“I…I’m done” I stuttered nervously.

“I’m sorry” A soft voice replied. Can they be the same person?

You’re sorry?” I asked, raising my eyebrows in doubt. Anxiously, I lifted up my body weight, picking myself up leaning against the sofa that was ripped so that half of the stuffing had been dripping out, and it had blood stains everywhere.

“Yeah, I mean for getting you into all this shit.” He muttered under this breath. Staying quiet, I wondered, before he was so inconsiderate, rude, ignorant… and now? What?  

"I'm Lexia... err, what’s your...n...name?" I asked with my voice stumbling.

"Alex" Wow - nice straight-forward answer.

His name reminded me of my childhood friend...

"Bye Lexia, I love you" A childish quiet voice flashed in my face, a drop of tears fell from the corner of his big dark blue eyes, as a blob of dark brown shiny hair covered half of his eyes. "I'll never forget you"

"Love you too Alex!" I replied with my squeaky, girly voice.

Suddenly, I have woken up from the flashback about my last day of kindergarten. I felt a tight grip on my wrist as a shock of pain flashed throughout my body as I was hastily being pulled out of a room. I tried to keep up, but I couldn’t.  Eventually we have reached his… bedroom? It was painted in a cheerful, bright baby blue colour and had a double sized bed cramped into the corner of the room. The sheets crumpled up as my whole body sank heavily into the soft bed.  I had questions – and they were going to be answered.

“Uh… so…so err… when can…I go you know… home?” I asked softly, and faintly. I tucked the lose strand of hair behind my ears.

“Never”