Chapter 14: My Fault

A/N: Ah, hello! I am so incredibly sorry for such a super long update aha. I've just been going through a few things lately and slowly getting my shit-buckets together. Thank you for all the support and kind words! But, I'm back and ready to throw unexpected updates your way! Yays!

(Oh, and to my readers who live in the US...GOOD LUCK. I have no idea who's winning in the polls right now or who may already be the 'new' president now but, good luck no matter what aha.  Loads of love. Xx)

-

Screaming.

Yelling.

Hatred.

None knew you but they seemed to hate your guts.

Having your house surrounded, you sighed to yourself, sinking into the pillow that cushioned your head. Sighing, you tried not to play towards the haunting words being yelled at your windows. So instead, you focused on nothing but the ceiling of your bedroom.

Nothing but the one night came to mind...the night where your life went from an already twisted disaster, to an even more twisted shit-show. The night that was the result of you getting fired from the only job you inhabited for the past few months. Yet, instead of trying to persuade in other jobs to help, you spoke out in rash terms and agreed to a shit-show.

An absolute shit-storm, you thought to yourself, staring at the patterns of the ceiling.

Did you regret the decision you made that night? No. No, you didn't regret a moment of it. What you did regret was how the decision you pulled to ruin your life was now starting to affect your family's life. Now, that's where I feel incredibly bad, you sighed out mentally, trying not to revisit the site of your parents struggling to move in and outside the house.

Your parents were worried for you and the house's safety. Having what felt like hundreds of people to be crowding around your streets and home was one thing, but to have police literally toppled over while trying to tame screaming girls and boys outside the windows was another thing. This was serious, and your parents realized that. But, throughout it all, even with the news that broke out regarding you and your messes, they blindly supported you in confusion.

Sighing internally, you wished for this not to affect your family. Please just leave my family alone, you mumbled internally, not wanting to focus on the shouts that still occurred outside on the streets near your lawn.

"How could you raise your child to do such a thing?"

"What terrible parents you are!"

"Have some dignity!"

"Why are you still supporting that criminal?!"

Yes. Now the world knew of your face. Everyone knew the face of the criminal Jungkook had spoken about in the press conference held by Bangtan months back.

I made the decision to reveal my face out so I could finally end my debt with Jae...

I'm finally free from him, but now all I struggle with is the rest of the world out to end me. Great. Yay, freedom at its finest peak, I see.

But don't get me wrong. I don't regret making this decision. Not even a little.

"...you can't seriously not regret this decision..." a voice spoke out softly from next to you.

Your jaw clenched as your anger grew within the very pit of your lungs. The very voice constantly poking at your ear wasn't helping. This voice...this same voice that had been bothering you the minute you had trapped yourself in the walls of your bedroom.