It all went black

Natsu's POV

         Sure Gray and I just walked out of school in the middle of the day, but... oh well. Gray says we'll go back for our thirty minuet detention as a precaution, but honestly I didn't mind. I got alone time with Gray and that's all that matters. I was a little bit nervous as I walked into his temporary home, even though I knew Laxus wasn't there. 

    "You okay?" Gray asked, most likely conscious of my shaking form. 

 "Yeah I'm fine," I laughed, " Just never been here before." 

He nodded and led me into the living room. Everything looked normal and the house was empty so my worry soon faded away. Gray grabbed my hand and led me to his room which, wasn't much of a room. It suddenly dawned on me how bad he had it living with Laxus's family and everything. 

Sooner than I would have liked it three o'clock rolled around and Gray and I had to go suffer in detention. He tapped my shoulder and lifted my head, pushing it towards the clock on his phone. 

"This shit sucks," I mumbled, putting my face back into his chest. 

"True," He agreed, shaking me off him, "but I don't want MORE detention." 

Together we walked BACK to school hand in hand until we came in sight of other students. We hesitantly released hands and walked on different sides of the walkway. Finally we made it inside and shuffled into B3, the classroom where detention was held. The room held only one more person in it, one of my close friends, Erza. 

"ERZA!" I yelped, running up to her. She is a year above me, so I rarely get to see her. 

She smiled and opened her arms to embrace me, 'Hey Natsu long time no see! What landed you in here?" 

 I laughed, "late to gym." 

"What kept you? Some hot guy seducing you or something?" 

I felt my cheeks grow pink and refused to answer, suddenly remembering Gray was there. "Uh-um Gray this is my friend Erza. 

He stuck out his hand and put on his most charming smile, "Pleasure to meet you." 

Erza looked between the two of us with a scrutinizing expression. "Are you too fucking or something?"

I laughed, but Gray, so sweet and innocent, looked dumbfounded at her bluntness. I decided to save the poor guy and tell her no, but I did inform her of our relationship status. 

She let out a very high pitched scream and jumped up and down, shrieking about she shipped it and how cute and gay it was. Finally, she was interrupted by the detention teacher Mrs. Mira. 

"Alright sit down my little delinquents," she chuckled, walking over to the desk. "Let's see, the two of you were late to a class, and Mrs. Scarlet kicked over a trashcan and started a small fire..."

Erza chuckled and leaned over towards me. "They haven't found the kid in the locker yet," she whispered, causing me to laugh. 

Mira told us the rules, and instructed us to sit in silence for the next half an hour. I groaned, but entertained myself by doodling pictures of Gray and I. 

Finally my time was up and Gray and I were free once again. Gray immediately look my hand and pulled me out into the hallway. He looked both ways and around the corner before pulling me into a passion filled, but short lived kiss. 

"You're so cute," He whispered. 

"Not as cute as you." 

GRAY'S POV

"Not as cute as you," he mumbled, leaning in for another kiss which I gladly gave. 

"I don't wanna go home," I whined, leaning my back against the cold metal of a locker. 

Natsu nodded in understanding and held me hand, squeezing it tight. "I'm sorry baby."

And with that we walked towards the front of the school and parted ways. I walked home alone, basking in the chilly air. My feet began to hurt and I was almost relieved to be home until I remembered the horrors that lay behind the closed doors. 

As if to prove my point, when I walked inside a beer bottle was thrown not an inch away from my head and smashed into pieces on the wall behind me. "GRAY GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!" My cousin yelled. From the sound of his voices I could conclude two things.... he was drunk and pissed off. 

"y-yeah?" I sheepishly mumbled, still sore from my last beating. 

"There's a picture that just got posted Gray... and i have a small question for ya. That's you kissing some dude Gray but... who's the dude?"

My mouth dropped open and tears began forming in the creases of my eyes. "What?" 

Laxus held out his phone for me to see. My heart stopped in my chest as I inspected the picture of Natsu and I kissing just moments before in the school hallways. The one catch though.. you could see my face clearly. Natsu on the other hand was facing backwards and wearing a hoodie. All you could tell was that it was a man. I swallowed the lump in my throat, relieved that Natsu would be left out of this. 

"Ya know Gray... everyone has already seen this and...." He stopped and fell over in an attempt to get out of the chair. Slowly he pulled himself up and leaned against the table for support. Suddenly out of nowhere he hurled himself towards me, causing us both to crash to the tile floor. He thew punched, all but one hitting me either in the gut or face. I felt my nose crack and my ribs bruise. 

"LAXUS GET OFF GET OFF! IM SORRY PLEASE! IM SORRY PLEASE STOP!" 

My pleas went unheard as Laxus threw more punches. Finally he rolled over and off of me, but not before cursing me out. 

"You faggot... don't think this is the end of this I dont ever want to see you in this house again. I don't care where you go, but not here. I will make you're life a living HELL Fullbuster now get the fuck out of here." 

I Scrambled up and off the floor, grabbed my phone and bag and sprinted out of the house, ignoring the ache in my chest. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I limped down the road with no destination in mind. I considered calling Natsu, but I know he lives with his little sister and brother and I didn't want to worry him. I wonder if he has seen the picture... I couldn't worry him like that though. I need to be strong and right now I'm the weakest I've been in a while. 

Before I knew it I found myself in a familiar neighborhood. I walked up to the blue door and knocked gently. 

"GRAY!" Juvia screamed upon opening the door, "DID LAXUS BEAT YOU UP AGAIN!" 

I nodded, walking past her and into her house. My vision blurred and I felt my head spinning. "Juvia I think I'm gonna-" Before I could finish my sentence I fell to the ground and everything went black. 

(A/N: I AM SO SORRY THAT I SUCK GUYS YOU ALL NEED TO HIT ME OR SOMETHING I MEAN THIS CHAPTER IS SHIT I AM SO SORRY BUT I COMPLEATLY FORGOT AND I HAVEN'T HAD ANYTIME ADN AHHHHH... sorry. On a happier note though thank you all yet again for your positive feedback. I have an idea where I wanna go with this story so I'm kinda pumped. Thank you for continuing to read and putting up with my awful updating schedual. I love you all!!!)