Apologies That Aren't Mine

Grays POV

     Laxus pulled me away from Natsu and into the seat behind him. 

     "I don't want you near him," he scolded, looking down at me with a threatening glare. "He'll turn you gay or some shit like that."

     I sighed. First off, the thought of someone else turning someone gay was just stupid. That's not how it works. And secondly, I don't see whats so bad about gay people! I myself am Bi, but I swear, if Laxus or any of his friends found out I would be screwed. Plus, I wasn't going to stay away from Natsu. He was cute. 

     "Your not answering!" Laxus whisper yelled, tugging on my shirt sleeve to get my attention. "Promise me you'll stay away from that fag or else." 

     I wasn't going to, but I shook my head in recognition. I looked over the top of the seat and saw Natsu lost in thought. I felt really bad. He was probably super embarrassed right now and I can't help but feel like it's my fault. 

     "Today after school a few of my friends are coming over, so you're going to hang out with us." Laxus mumbled. 

     "But... what if I make new friends that I want to hang out with later?" I questioned, a certain someone coming to mind. 

     "Than they can come too." Laxus responded bluntly. "But any friend you make I need to meet before you grow close. I need to make sure they wont damage your reputation."

     "My reputation!?" I scoffed. "I'm new, I don't have one yet." 

     "Yeah you do. Your my little cousin; practically my brother. My reputation is your reputation and vise versa. So don't fuck me over ya dick." 

     I didn't even bother responding. I turned to the window and looked at all the suburban, cookie cutter homes we were passing. I never understood why people cared so much about their public image. Like... why does it matter? But apparently it does and there is nothing I can do about it. All I can do is try my hardest not to get Laxus on my bad side. Better to have him as an ally than an enemy, even if that means I have to hide the truth and keep my wear bouts an occasional secret. I may not worry about my reputation, but my life... yeah. I kinda prioritize that. 

     Finally the bus came to a stop and all the kids started to push their way out. It was like a fucking mosh pit! When we finally made it outside, Laxus was bombarded by a group of his three closest friends. 

     "Hey Laxus! Long time no see buddy!" Bixlow said, patting my cousin on his back. 

     "Yeah, hey." Freed added, clearly amused. When I looked at him my gaydar went off. I'm surprised Laxus hasn't noticed yet, but I fear the day he does.  

     Lastly, Laxus's girlfriend Evergreen strutted over and latched herself onto his arm. (A/N: DON"T SHIP! But It fits with the story.) 

     I kept my head down, hopping they wouldn't notice me, but my efforts were to no avail. 

     "Hey baby, is this that little cousin you were telling us about? Gray?" Evergreen asked. 

     "Yeah. It is. GRAY! Say hi." Laxus yelled, kicking me in the shin. 

     I clutched my now throbbing leg before quietly saying hello to the overbearing group before me. 

     "Hey Fullbuster,"Laxus said, grabbing my attention. 

     I looked up just in time to see him hovering over a helpless Natsu who had his back on the hard ground. I watched helplessly as my cousin whispered something in his ear before laughing and walking back towards us. Evergreen and Bixlow gave him a high five and began to laugh along. I put my head back down and continued walking into school. I would have to apologize to Natsu later. I'll just make sure Laxus doesn't catch me.