b l i z z a r d ║viii

                                                                                 ♦  ♦  ♦

"Were you babysitting your little sister or something?" Macy joked aloud, though I thought she should have kept that one to herself. She lifted up the slippers and examined them closely.

"No way." Abigail and her big brain protested, "Those shoes are way too big for any kid."

Tyler had his hands over his eyes and he breathed rapidly. I looked at the shoes and it wasn't until I'd gotten up and held them for myself that I realized his name carved into the soles.

"These are yours." I squeaked, in barely a whisper. The room was so quiet, though, that everyone heard me.

Quinn seemed angered by the whole situation and her action of choice was sitting silently on the floor, which was unusual for her. She finally cleared her throat in a graceful way--if someone even could--and managed a few words.

"They've got the name of a dance academy my older sister Mia went to." She said, stopping to look at Tyler, "Are you gay?"

Tyler stared at her, not saying I word. I could see his eyes piercing through his hands at her until he took them off altogether.

"No." He snapped, slicing through the silence.

"Then why the hell do you have ballet slippers?"

I felt like punching Quinn right in her heavily made-up face. Just because someone did something usually done by the other gender didn't mean they were gay.

I stood between Quinn and Tyler, holding up my hands. "It's not a big deal. Let’s just continue playing."

Everyone agreed and sat down, except for Macy who took a hearty sniff of Tyler's gym bag. She turned up her nose in disgust like we'd imagined and sat down with us again.

Macy turned to me quickly. "Astrid, Truth or Dare?"

I weighed my options. I knew Macy, and looking at my situation with Oliver here...both would resort in something not food. I simply bit my tongue and chose what I thought was best.

"Truth?" I replied, still questioning my choice. Macy gave me a look at read "Are you sure?", I nodded unconsciously.

Macy thought for a split second and then a sly smile spread across her face.

"Out of everyone in this room, who would you want to be locked in a closet with?"

Now the look she was giving me read "Are you sure Truth was a good choice?" and by my sad gulping, I knew it wasn't. My answer was obvious and maybe not just to me.

"Nobody." I lied. Macy twisted her face up.

"Oh sure." She mocked sarcastically.

Quinn let out a fake dramatic yawn. "Can we please get on with this, I'm about to fall asleep."

Now I felt like running over and hugging Quinn, but instead I looked over at Tyler.

"Tyler." I said, getting his attention," Truth or Dare?"

He was still a little out of it from earlier, but mumbled his answer anyway. "Dare."

"I dare you to kiss Macy." I said, watching Macy gasp. I was going to get her back for almost making me confess about Oliver. She would get to have her own little confession.