//Fourteen//

•Abigail•

I woke up to the sound of a familiar motorcycle speed up the street and come to a stop. I let out a yawn and swung my legs off my bed and stood up. After regaining my centre of balance I walked down stairs, a knock catching my attention. Walking to the door, I opened it. Jake stood still, I still haven't got used to his short hair. "Bikes a bit loud," i stated opening the door further motionibg for him to come in. He walked in and turned around facing me.

"Sorry," he smirked.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out," he smiled.

"But I have school," I frowned.

"Is school that important?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Fine," i smiled.

"Good, I'll pick you up at 10," he smiled walking up to me and hugging me, I immediately hugged him back inhaling his addictive cologne.

"See you then," I smiled and watched him walk out.

Charlie soon was coming down the stairs.

"What was Jake doing here so early?" He asked, his voice groggy.

"Wanted to know if I wanted to hang out." I replied, pouring coffee into two cups.

"At 6am?" He asked.

"He's coming back for me at 10." I said.

He laughed, "I was surprised you didn't yell at him for coming this early."

"I was close.. It was very tempting," I laughed with him and say down placing the coffee cup in front of him. "Do they need you at the station today?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah, more bear attacks. You know Abs, we've searched high and low and we've found nothing. No bears. I'm starting to think it's something else." He said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's confusing," he frowned.

"I hope you find what ever it is soon," I smiled finishing my coffee.

I got up from my seat and washed my cup. "Well I'm gonna catch a few more 'z's before Jake gets here." I said, walking upstairs.

"Okay, see you tonight." He called.

"Okay!" I called back.

-------

I waited outside patiently for Jacob to arrive. I began to tap a rhythm with my foot as I waited.

The sound of Jakes bike made my heart skip a beat, looking up I watched his bike come to a stop. I skipped over to his bike and smiled, "morning!"

"Good morning," he smiled showing his teeth. "Ready to go?" He held out the helmet which I galdly took, placing it on my head I swung my leg over the bike before wrapping my arms around his waist.

We sped off down the road, after about 10 minutes we left the familiar roads I know and was on completely new land. My eyes roamed over my surroundings, taking in the beautiful sight.

As we came to a stop I looked up, a small red shack caught my eye, "your place?" I asked my voice slightly muffled by the helmet. Taking it off I placed it on the bike.

"Yeah it is," he smiled motioning him to follow me, we walked into the house. Billy whom was sat at the table looked up his eyes looking straight at mine. Jake excused himself for a moment leaving Billy and I at the table.

"How have you been?" I asked.

"Good, how about yourself?" He asked.

"Yes, I've been okay," I shrugged.

"Charlie told me," Billy said catching me by surprise.

"What?" I frowned.

"You have a different mother," he said.

"Oh.. Charlie told you?" I asked, I felt annoyed that Charlie would tell Billy something I wouldn't even tell my own friends.

"Yes, if you don't mind me asking what was her name?" He asked, eyes burning into mine.

"I uh... why do you want to know?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows together. I let out a sigh, he already knew about me not being fully Bella's sister, "it's Athena," I said. Jake walked back out motioning for us to leave Billy alone. Standing up I walked out the door glancing back at Billy his eyes widened as he watched me leave.

We walked toward the woods. For awhile it was quiet.

"Jacob?" I said.

"Mmm?" He hummed, turning his head to look at me.

"Is there something I should know?" I asked, walking in front of him so he'd stop walking.

He looked around before locking his eyes back on me. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by a group of guys, emerging out of the woods.

We both turned to face where the noise came from. Four men walked out, all had pitch black hair and tanned sunkissed skin, all of them shirtless only wearing shoes and shorts. "Who's this Jacob?" The man at the end spoke.

"A friend," Jake said back.

"You better not hav-" he was cut of by Jake.

"I didn't," he said.

"You didn't what?" I intervened, causing the man at the end to glare at me.

"We didn't ask you did we," he said.

I frowned, "nor did I ask you to speak. Who do you think you are talking to me in that tone?"

"This matter is none of your business so keep your mouth shut." His voice stern, I walked up to him and threw my fist at his face, it connected with his jaw causing him to stumble back a few metres, his eyes widened as he stared at me. His breathing becoming unpredictable, his inhales deep.

"Abby... Step back." Jake said, the man in front of me becoming angrier by the second.

"Get her back Jacob!" One of the other men yelled at Jake. My eyes widened as the man in front of me jumped into the air changing into a wolf, just like Athena. There's more of them? I was yanked back as the wolf stalked towards me, Jake threw me backwards jumping in front of me and changing into a redish/brown wolf.

I sat on the ground, my jaw dropped to the floor.

"Hey, take Abby back to Emily's place." The older looking one said.

"Guess the wolf's outta the bag." One of the younger ones said. As they ran over to me. They stood in front of me, waiting for me to stand up.