//Ten//

•Abigail•

I waited patiently for Jacob to show up. After an hour I decided to text him. No reply. When that failed I decided to call him. No answer. Sighing I slump back in my chair and cross my arms over my chest. Did he really just decide not to show up?

I sighed another 20 minutes passed, my leg shaking with annoyance as I sat on the chair. My eyes bolted up to the door as a knock echoed through my silent home. Sprinting to the door I opened, Edward stood his eyes on mine. "Oh, Edward," I smiled.

He leaned in, pecking my lips softly "Hi."

Smiling like an idiot I respond "hey."

"You okay?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest "how long have you been outside my house?"

"Since you got up." He smiled sheepishly. "Looks like your 'boyfriend' didn't show up."

I swatted his arm playfully "shut up, he's not my boyfriend. You are." I said without thinking. Did I just accept to be his girlfriend?

He smiled, showing his pearly whites.

His cold hand found it way to mine, intwining our hands together. His thumb slowly caressing the back of my hand sending sparks up my arms. "Ready for school," his voice came out quiet though I could still hear.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I said walking towards his car with him by my side.

When we arrived at school I instantly greeted by Grace, Panda and Sophia were no where to be seen.

"Hey Grace." I said, holding back my nervousness. Edward stood behind me, his hand in mine. His eyes were burning into Grace's face.

"It's okay Edward! I can take it from here." She smiled, grabbing my arm and pulling me into her side. I stood awkwardly in her side embrace. I looked at Edward, begging him not to leave me alone with her.

He got the message and grabbed my arm, pulling me back. Grace glared at him but quickly replaced it with a smile.

"Looks like you two are all loved up!" She smiled.

"I'm going to hang out with Edward today," I whispered, fear filling my body.

Grace glared at Edward before smiling, "of course, that is okay." She walked off.

Once she was gone I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I can barely sleep at night knowing that she's a vampire. The thing that makes me nervous the most is I don't know who turned her.

"It's okay, you'll be safe with me." He said, his voice soft and gentle.

I turned around, hugging him. I never wanted to let go, I had dreamed of this forever. I never thought the day would come where I could call him mine. I didn't even care about Bella anymore. She left me, I shouldn't be worried if this could hurt her feelings.

I leant back capturing his lips with mine, my life in these 2 minutes was perfect. I gave him one small peck before we walked into the school, hand in hand.

-------

Lunched had rolled around, I decided to sit with Edward and the rest of his family. It was a tiny bit awkward considering I hadn't seen them since Bella's party.

"So are you guys together or..." Alice said, breaking the awkward silence that lingered.

"Yes Alice." Edward replied blankly.

I was feeling extremely awkward and uncomfortable. What were that thinking? Oh look, Abby took her sisters left overs...

Rosalie smiled from ear to ear "I'm happy for you both." She said. Rosalie never really liked Bella. So this must be amazing for her.

Alice kept looking between Edward and I.

I could feel my cheeks heating up, hoping that it didn't show. Edwards hand grabbed mine under the table giving it a small reassuring squeeze. Calming me down only the slightest. I glanced over at my table, Panda and Sophia talking as Grace stared at both me and Edward.

My eyes locked with hers, for a moment I swear I could see a burning hatred in them. She recovered them with a smile and a little wave before Turing to talk to Panda.

"I-i need to-" I cut my own sentence off by running away. I needed to get out of there, everyone's eyes travelled to me as I ran out of the cafeteria. I pushed the door to the girls bathroom open, I ran into a cubicle, locking it behind me. My heart was beating and my palms were sweaty.

This was a nightmare. It's not safe anywhere. There's always the fear of James coming back to kill me in my house. The fear of Victoria coming to find me and tear me to shreds. The fear of Grace. The fear of Bella returning and Edward dumping me for her.

After a few more minutes of sitting alone I decide to head to class. Knowing the bell would soon go off.

Tears welled in my eyes as I continued to down the hall. I let out a squeal as arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a hard cold chest. "Shh.. Its me Edward," his voice quiet, I feel his cool skin on my ear as he whispered sweet nothings trying to calm me down.

The bell rang, bringing Edward in I out of our little bubble.

"I'll see you later." I said, walking to my next class.

-------

Instead of going straight home Edward took me to the field. We lay in the long grass, hand in hand looking up at the sky. The bright blue sky slowly getting covered by grey clouds.

All my worries seemed to disappear, the soft grass creating a cushion as I sat up. Edward sat up as well, resting his arms on his knees.

"It's Beautiful." I said, facing Edward.

"It is." He agreed, never taking his eyes off me. I grabbed my phone out and unlocked it, a part of me hoped to have a text from Jacob. As expected there was nothing. I sighed and put my phone back.

"Expecting a text?" Edward asked.

"No. It's just.. nothing," I turned and faced him putting my hand on his chest. I felt nothing, no heartbeat, his chest lay still no breath coming from his lips. His golden eyes stared up at the sky, I couldn't help but stare.