14- life mates

Author's Notes – I claim no rights or anything associated with the Naruto series and/or its characters.  Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think. Thanks!

 "..." regular speech, '...' beast speech, *...* mental telepathy, CAPS - ATTACKS, (author notes)

Chapter Fourteen: life mates

It was early morning as Naruto scampered through the woods in full beast form. Naruto was hunting. He never killed what he hunted but he loved chasing them, feeling the adrenaline pumping through his veins. It was one of the few things that he and Kyuubi enjoyed together. Naruto chased a deer through the woods to a clearing. The deer seemed to know that the feral fox wouldn't hurt it as it was only looking for something to chase and hunt in order to keep his skills at its top performance. Naruto stopped suddenly as the scent of lavender drifted in the air.

*That's odd. Lavender isn't do to bloom yet.* Naruto thought to himself mentally. Curiosity got the best of him as he decided to investigate. He followed the smell as his ears twitched hearing a waterfall and singing. He got close enough but was still hidden to see a young girl around the same age as him bathing in the waterfall. His eyes went wide as he had never seen a girl as beautiful as her before. As Naruto moved he stepped on a dry twig alerting the girl to his presence. The girl moved taking several small shurikens out from her clothing throwing them at Naruto who laid hidden causing him to come out of hiding. Naruto's ears dropped back as his nine tails wrapped around his body as he dropped his gaze suddenly to the ground while biting his lower lip. *Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I am sorry.* he whined telepathically. Naruto didn't move as he remained in beast form. His ears twitched when he heard and smelled the girl approaching him. Naruto bit harder into his lip as he could feel soft hands caressing his fur and scratching his ears. Naruto slowly lifted up his head meeting the girls gaze. She had short cropped cut dark purple hair and soft lavender eyes (AN: yes, I know that Hinata has all white eyes but I decided to give her lavender eyes). A strange feeling shot through Naruto's body which caused him to bolt out of there. Naruto ran through the woods trying to get away from the girl.

'Naruto stop!' snarled Kyuubi. Naruto obeyed his beast half stopping and transforming back into his human form. Naruto panted as blood tears streaked down his face. The strange feeling felt like it was overpowering him. Memories of something similar flooded Naruto's mind causing him to whimper. His hands dug into a nearby tree leaving long claw marks in the bark.

MEMORY FLASHBACK...

It was during the time when Naruto, Sasuke, and Gaara were still with the lab that had created them. During that the time one of the experiments that they were forced to go through was to have sex with human females in order to create half breed children. The experiment meet with a tragic end for the women as when they had sex with Naruto and/or Sasuke, they were burned alive and/or electrocuted. When they had sex with Gaara, their insides were shredded apart when they tried to give birth to any of Gaara's children. The scientists ended the experiment rather suddenly do to the same results would turn up every time that they forced the three monster teens to mate.

END FLASHBACK...

'Naruto it is all right. This time it felt different. This time I didn't have to hold back the fire that runs through our body.' Kyuubi stated. This shocked Naruto. He had always known that he couldn't touch normal humans unless he held back the fire that literally ran through his body. The only ones whom he never had to hold back with was his brothers Sasuke and Gaara as it seemed that they had a natural immunity to Naruto's fire. Naruto had never felt such strong emotions like this before. Naruto's body stiffened as he heard someone behind him. The smell of lavender drifted up his nose. The girl had followed him. Naruto never turned around as he found himself unable to move.