Chapter Two

The glorious rising sun beamed on my eyelids that ached through my nerves. My green glowing eyes fluttered open with the rays in eyes. I groaned. I stood up, waking up in a mans bed, yet handsome one too, felt strange. On the other hand, he was my friend that I forgot about.

Maddie remove herself from the bed and walked downstairs. He wasn't know where at all. I walked down a hallway that was quiet, I could hear my own heartbeat thumping every second.

There was a door that was cracked open, I open it. It was leading downstairs that you see in horror films. I heard noises and knew that he should be here. He was.

Connor had his pencil in his hand writing something on a piece of paper. I watched what he was doing but the only thing that was distracting me was his tattoo that you could see through the white thin shirt.

The tattoo on his shoulder blade on his back that had wings with a heart in the middle. What could that represent? A memory? Someone that he loved? Or even a person that is dead? I cleared my throat that made Connor's head spin around.

"Sorry" I muttered softly. He chuckled and smiled at me that made me laugh at his response.

"Don't Worry, I knew you were going to wake up and see what I was up too" He put his sharpened pencil down on his desk next to his piece of writing.

"Well, actually, I thought we could go a cup of coffee. It’s on me" As he leaned against his desk looking at me made my skin getting warmer of his eyes sinking in mine own.

"As much as I would love too, I have places to be and people to see" He

 Turned back around swiftly grabbing his paper and pen. He hidden the piece of paper in his back pocket that I couldn’t see it.

"Come on, just one cup of coffee. I pretty sure that your buddies wouldn’t mind waiting for you" I said with a smile plastered on my face. He stops in front of me with small gap between us.

"Those people that you call buddies, are my job. If you can excuse me, I have a really important meeting to intend too" He was trying to get past me but I wouldn’t let him get by me. He groaned with a small smile.

"I'll bet that you are too much of a chicken, to handle one small cup of coffee with a girl like me” I smiled, pointing my finger into his chest.

He groaned again. "A chicken"? Connor crossed his arms together against his chest. Chuckling.

"Yeah, It’s just one cup of coffee with your old friend, it won't hurt you to take a break from work once a while" I crossed my arms against my chest like her using a half smile.

"Will a cup of coffee satisfied you enough for you to leave me alone" He smiled with irritation on his lips.

"Yes, it would in fact" He broke into a small smile that made me laugh.

"Then, let’s go" he gesture his hand towards the upstairs and I responded.

We walk upstairs and then, a massive pain shoot from my head to my heart that nearly knock me out. My body hit his chest, just in time for him to catch me.

"Maddie, Are you okay"? He asks concerned. He lifted me up but my body was too weak to move nor speak. He put his fingers on my wrist to feel my pulse that was still strong to know that I was okay.

Connor pick me up bridal style to his room and lay me down. He hast to the bathroom to get a cool was cloth to rub on my head. The coolness of the cloth wasn’t keeping me awake that made him worry. He thought and thought. Then, an idea popped up in his head that she would not like him anymore after the idea. To call Zach. He was the one to help her.