Apologies and Proving Them Wrong

Now is a moment of glory for me and for some of my friends. What happened? We passed something. Inevitably, people congratulated me for that; most of them did it online where others can see it. I was really overwhelmed because of that, so I thanked them. I also posted (tweeted) some things about it such as thanking God, thanking people for the prayers, congratulating fellow passers, and some more. I was in so much euphoria that I didn't get to notice the people I was sharing the achievement to.

Some non-passers posted "patama" tweets. I didn't pay much attention to it at first, because I'm not the type who engages in petty fights. While I was reflecting on their posts though, I realized that I was wrong for being insensitive. I was too happy that I became blind to others' misery. Some people were grieving for not passing that and for having their dreams shattered; and that, I overlooked. I'm deeply sorry for my insensitivity. I admit that I was wrong so I am lowering my pride now to be able to apologize from the heart.

"You can't please everybody." Well, I definitely can't. My feat meant others' defeat, and before I knew it people were bringing me down. Grave haters posted more "patama" tweets. I noticed that they are getting more personal so I logged off my account. I figured that it's not healthy for me to stay on when all I'm seeing are hateful remarks from people who aren't brave enough to tell things to me face to face. I logged on to a different site to look for my close friends. There, I saw one who I know is very true to me. I relayed my situation to her, and she gave me the most comforting and empowering words I could get right now:

"People are against the things that fly. Basta hayaan mo na lang (Just let them be). Let them throw stones at you, basta ikaw (now, you), you don't say a thing. Because that's how you prove them wrong."

I still don't know what I did to make them hate me this much. Even so, I won't give them the same hate.  I have resolved that I will not pay attention to them anymore. I cannot please everybody. I really can't. But I'll prove to them that they are wasting their energy in bringing me down, because I cannot be broken; definitely not a person like me who is looking up, looking towards a beautiful dream.