The Bad Boy's Back

Chapter 17: The Bad Boy's Back

Connor hasn't talk to me since. I guess he finally took my advice. Cera scolded me when I told her what happened between me and him. She told me I was being stupid. Chase and Aly were a bit happy though.

The bruise is still there. So I decided to go see my regular doctor. Yes. I'm that big of a safety hazard, I have my own doctor. But it comes in handy sometimes. He knows all my past medical history and he doesn't have to second guess on me. I wish he was there when I fracture my rib cage.

"I'm just going to run some test" I nodded. He took some blood from my arm that isn't injured and left the room

"Mackayla darling. How come I didn't know about this?"

"What was I suppose to say mom? I hit myself with a pole and got a big bruise? It doesn't seem like something to be proud of"

"I know it's embarrassing but it affects your health"

"I'm sorry okay. I'll tell you next time I get hurt by something embarrassing"she rolled her eyes while I chuckled a little

Doctor Jacobs walked back in "I have good news. The bruise will go away in a few more days. If not come back and I'll check it again" he handed me a wrap "Here to cover it up if you want"

I took it from his hands "Is that all?"

"No. You also overcame your diabetes" he handed me the test results.

I looked at the papers. I don't have diabetes anymore? "Yes" I hugged my mom "Now I don't have to prick my fingers anymore" I pulled away from her "Now it will be easier for me in UPen" I said in a whisper, then I felt empty. I tried to hide it with a smile "Thank you Doctor Jacobs"

"Anytime"

Mom wanted to take me out for anything I wanted, just the two of us. I picked Cold Stones. We were just sitting eating icecream

"When are you taking your exams?" I have to take my exams earlier, because I won't be able to take them when it's actually issued

"The last week of this month" I shoved some icecream in my mouth

"I'm so proud of you darling. You're accomplishing a lot"

"I know. I just wish it didn't happen so fast" I said with my mouth still full

"Mackayla what did I say about talking with you mouth full"

"Sorry" I swallowedit down

"What do you mean by happening so fast?"

"You know that if I do well on the program I get to stay and study til I'm done with college"

"Yes I do know that"

"It would also mean that I don't graduate with Cera, Chase, and Aly. I'm going to miss senior year, prom, everything a senior does"

"I'm sorry honey but like you said when you signed up for the programs. It's an opportunity of a lifetime" I hate it when she uses my own words in a situation like this "Did you tell them that you might be missing senior year?"

"No. I'm hoping I will do good and still go to UPen but when I'm done with senior year"

"Sometimes life is tricky like that"

I was silent for awhile. I wonder how someone else would take this situation "Mom if you had an opportunity like this, what would you do?"

"I would take it" I smiled when she said that "But I would also tell my friends"