Gone

Chapter 15: Gone

So far I've been avoiding Connor and Destiny. They got back together while I went upstairs after my talk with Destiny. Avoiding him is really hard, especially since me and my family is staying at his house.

I told Aly what happened and she rushed right over here as soon as possible, she had her bags packed for Washington D.C. but her plans were cancelled since her mom gave birth last month, she stayed and watched her baby sister. Now she's staying with Cera in her room, I told her she could stay with me but C wouldn't let her, I wonder why.

It's Christmas morning and I got up early, like 4 a.m. I've been under the pavilion with a cup of hot chocolate, watching snow fall and the Christmas light shimmer.

"You're up early" I turned around and my eyes widen. His hands were shoved in his pockets and he walked towards me "Merry Christmas Mackayla" he kissed my cheek

"What are you doing here? And how did you get past the gates?"

"Aly called me and the butler let me in" I rolled my eyes "I heard you were feeling down" he looked around the garden "So, he's not just some charity case"

"He never was one, Jason"

"Sorry, I just don't get what you see in him"

I looked down at my cup "I see nothing in him" I muttered to myself

"I got you something" he held out a small box

"You already gave me something"

"Make this a second Christmas present" I took the box and opened it up. Anger built inside of me. I closed it and handed it back to him I walked away with frustration "Whoa Mack what's wrong?"

I turned around "You can't just buy me back Jason. I'm not like that, you of all people should know that" I walked inside and set my cup of cocoa on the table

"Mack I'm not trying to buy you back" I didn't bother to answer him. He held my wrist and turned me around "Talk to me"

"What am I going to say? Thank you Jason for the diamond earrings that I don't want. Face it Jason, you think you can get me back by buying me this expensive presents. I'm not like that. I'm not superficial"

"I never said you were"

"Yeah but actions speak louder then words" I pulled out the box from his hoodie and waved it in front of him. He didn't say a word "That's what I thought" I threw it at him "Just leave Jason"

"What happened between us? We were so good together"

"Things change Jason. People change" I said in a softer tone" Go Jason"

"I will because I have to get back to my parents but I will show you Mack, you belong with me" he walked out the door and I sat on the couch. I grabbed a pillow and screamed

"What happened?" I looked at the staircase to see Mike holding a cane

"Who's that going to defend? The elderly?" he came down the steps and sat next to me

"What are you doing up early?"

"Nothing"

"You look like you're about to kill someone" I didn't respond "Was it Mitchell? Did he make you mad?" he was about to get up but I pulled him back

"It's not him"

"Then what's wrong baby sis?" he put his arm around me "You can tell me"

"Jason was just here"