Hero

It was like every other fall day in New York, cold, windy, and incredibly empty.

Arthur walked down the same street he always walked down to get to the subway, then home to his apartment. He worked at Camelot International, a building that was almost as tall as the Empire State. He had a nice job and a cozy house, his life was pretty ordinary. All he needed to do now was to find himself a wife and start a family.

Arthur had been thinking of the baby names for his future kids when he heard a shout coming from an alley.

Not thinking, Arthur dropped his satchel bag and ran forward to see what was happening. He expected to see some poor guy getting mugged, this was New York after all. But what he saw surprised him even more.

"Please! You think you can scare me with some homemade nunchucks? I can take on a girl and win any day," A thug with a neck that was bigger than his head said to a woman who was holding nunchucks with handles that looked like broomsticks.

"Okay," the woman said to him, "If you think you're such a masterminded criminal, then how is it that the three murders you committed were such sloppy work? I tracked you down in less than a day. The only reason you didn't get caught by the NYPD is because I wanted my fair shot before they got their greasy little hands on you."

The guy grinned, his crooked yellow teeth making Arthur want to take a whole tub of bleach and shove it in his mouth. "Ok Princess, let's see what you can do."

Arthur's instincts kicked in before he knew what was happening. He found himself jumping on the guy's back. The guy was easily three times as big as Arthur, but he took three seconds to realize that a guy had just jumped on his back and was screaming like a girl.

The woman, though, took only half of a second to register Arthur and send a roundhouse kick though the guy's stomach. He was so big that he just absorbed the kick and grabbed Arthur by the arm and threw him to the ground.

Arthur looked around before he passed out cold, the last thing he saw was the woman giving the guy a snap kick to the chin and the guy being thrown at the wall.

The woman looked at Arthur's passed out shape.

"Pathetic," she muttered as she texted her boss the coordinates of her target. "If he thought he could take on a guy like Scar by jumping on him and screaming like a 6-year-old, then he must be really stupid, really brave, or really both."

The woman was about to leave Arthur for the cops to find. She was already almost out of the alley when something made her turn around.

She took another look at Arthur and groaned, "Well he did give me an advantage, I might as well stay here and make sure he's not dead."

Arthur woke up to find the woman going through his wallet.

"Hey!" He said as he tried to get up. Big mistake. As soon as tried to move, a fresh wave of pain shot through his skull and he collapsed all over again.

"My hero," the woman said sarcastically as she tossed him his wallet. "So your name is Arthur Garrigan. You work at Camelot International, and you were an orphan."

Arthur glared at the woman, "It's not nice to look through someone's private papers."

The woman cocked her eyebrows, "And you're apparently British."

Arthur groaned and stood up, "So are you, that accent is easily from Cambridge."

The woman shrugged, "Just because I have the accent doesn't mean I was born there. You still have nothing on me."

Arthur smirked, "And why would I need something on you?"

"Because you just saw me beat a man unconscious. Aren't you going to need something about me to tell the police?"