Chapter 4: Speak up or fall back?

A couple of months had past and I was finally in sixth grade, today is actually the first day of school...and also my birthday, isnt that something.

"Happy birthday" Kyle ran up to me at the bus stop.

"Thanks" 

"So what you doing for your birthday?" he sat his bag infront of him.

"I honestly dont know yet"

"We should go to Jason's party" he suggested.

"When's that?"

"He never told you?...Its today" he said.

"No I never knew"

"Well we should go to it" he said.

"I dont know, I'll think about it" Then the bus had came.

When we had arrived to school, the teacher had put on Student CNN school.

"You know, being in the sixth grade and at a whole different school seems cool and all, but I really don't want to start watching CNN everyday" Kyle said.

I laughed as she put on CNN.

*CNN BREAKING NEWS*

"Good morning CNN student news, I'm Carl Azuz and I'm here on CNN new with your latest student news...Today on CNN student news we will be focusing more on the protest in the state of North Carolina"

................

"Good Morning I'm Alice Lane with you today in downtown concord where it appears that many people are here protesting about another shooting that occurred today, where a twenty-four year old was gunned down by police officers.

The camera started to focus on the protest  going on behind her.

"As you can see here, people are getting tired of their own dying. Here you can hear all of them shouting out that black lives matter...we have confirmed that there will be a meeting today, where anyone can speak and give their opinion on the whole situation, people are already claiming that they will not leave until they are heard...Im Alice Lane, on scene"

"Now isn't that something, I hope we can soon come together as americans and fix this problem, aside from that there is the fact that Islam..."

I quickly raised my hand and asked to use the bathroom. When I got permission to go, I made sure nobody was watching and left the building to the bus stop.

Luckily I had my money with me.

When the bus had arrived I got on and made my way to downtown concord.

When I arrived, i couldn't believe it...

I was staring at all these people with signs protesting.

I saw someone standing on what looked like a stage speaking to everyone.

"Okay everyone calm down now please" he said.

Everyone began to be quiet.

"Now, I understand that your all upset about this. But you have to understand that police are doing their job" and once he said that everyone started getting mad and loud.

"No, your just making excuses!" a lady yelled.

"Our lives do matter too" A man said.

Then a man had walked up to the stage and started speaking.

"Listen everyone, we have too many of our own dying for no reason..dying by the same people who we thought were put on this earth to protect us" he started.