Chapter 3: Therapy

Weeks later, I kept doing research and It turns out its a lot I didnt know and a lot that I taught myself.

I guess Mom and Dad didnt like it because they signed me up for therapy.

They say my mind needs help, but I dont think so.

When I arrived to my therapist, Mr. Collins, he pulled out some paper and told me to have a seat.

"...Okay, how are we from the last time we met?" he asked.

"Fine I guess"

"And how has school been?" he asked.

"Fine"

"Are you sure?" he questioned.

"Yes"

He then sat his pen down and crossed his legs as he sighed.

"...Chase, your parents tell me that you and your teacher got into it again" he said.

I didnt say anything.

"You want to tell me what that was about?" he asked.

"I dont feel like I did anything wrong"

"Okay, and why is that?" he asked.

"We were talking about the presidents in the united states that we never heard of and that she felt we should learn about".

"And which one did yall learn about that day?" he asked.

"Andrew Jackson"

"I bet that was cool to learn about him, wasn't it?" he asked.

"No not really"

"And why not?" he asked.

"I did a lot of research on Andrew Jackson. He was a terrible president...and thats what I told her"

"...You told your teacher he was a bad president? What exactly did she say?" he asked.

"She kept explaining how he was by helping many people in need when it came down to people who didn't have a lot of money for the banks and stuff and that he made it easier for people to live their everyday life"

"And what did you tell her?" he asked.

"facts on why he was a bad president"

"Explain to me why he was a bad presient." he said.

"First he favored his friends when it came down to jobs and he only gave jobs to people who voted for him, which that bribery"

"why would that be bribery?" he asked.

"...Because, life wasn't good around that time and people didn't have jobs, so if you really want and need a job to take care of your family, your of course going to vote for him just to get that job...which like I said is bribery"

"I see.." he said.

He started writing in this pad then said "what else he do?"

"When he changed the ways of the banks, he had it so it only supported RICH white men, but not working white men, and in my opinion black people of course wasn't included, I mean when are they ever included in anything right?"

"Why do you think it didn't support black people?" he asked.

"Since when do black people ever get something really good? I mean around this time black weren't getting the privaledges whites were getting, when it came down to certain jobs or even positions with the president, same goes for the women of all race, women never had the same rights as men did either at that point"

"I see your point, anything else on why he's a bad president?" he asked.

"He felt the indians were a threat to his development so he kicked them out of their own land where people suffered hunger, diseases and being tired. He's the reason thousands of Indians died"

"ANd what is this called?" he asked.

"What?"

"What did they call this day or journey?" he said.

"...The trail of tears"

I was getting irritated because of all these questions, I mean its common sense. 

"Wow...and you explained all of this to your teacher?" he asked.

I nodded my head.

"How...how do you know so much, your oly in fifth grade and you know this much" he said.

"I told you I do research"

Then the alarm rang, finally the session is up.

When I got up and was getting ready to walk out, he stopped me.

"Wait, one last question...Why do you research all the time when you could be out doing kid things?" he asked

"...Because it important for us nomatter how young we are to know about these things"

Then I walked out.