Mercy

Terrell didn't stand much of a chance. He put up a good fight, bringing down at least three guys. However, he knew that if he didn't get on a hoverboard to match the ongoing speed, he would get the beating of a lifetime. The problem was that his opponents had realized the same thing. Thus they cleverly attacked while making sure that the chance of getting a board didn't arise.

The quickest way out with the least amount of damage... Terrell considered the option. Just take their beatings and hope they get tired of it.

Bracing himself, Terrell let a boarder lift him into the air. He slammed into a wall. Upon impact, pain shot up and down his back. His head swam as it followed by hitting the wall with a crack. Before he had time to recover, someone jumped from a board and pinned his arms. A moment later, a fist drove all the air from his lungs.

Well, this was stupid, he decided as he prepared for more pain that would follow.

Another fist cracked across his face.

"Got any smart words now?" a voice leered as others laughed.

Terrell lifted a finger and the guy's fist paused.

"Could you at least try avoid the face?" Terrell asked. He lifted his eyes which didn't show any fear. "It's kind of my point maker these days."

In response, the first slammed into his jaw.

Terrell saw stars accompanied by laughter all around.

"Hey!" a voice called. It was familiar.

Heads turned, including Terrell's. As his vision swam back into focus he saw a lone figure on a board. Stormy grey eyes met his own.

"You want some help?" none other than Troy asked.

Terrell shrugged. If he wasn't in pain, he may have laughed at the irony of the situation.

"Who're you?" one of the guys on the board asked.

Troy shot him a calm glance. He gave a snort, as though thinking the question wasn't worth answering. Teens turned toward him.

"Just someone who owes a favor," came Troy's reply. Without another word, he shot forward, right for the closest boarder.

Terrell used the distraction. He kicked his leg out, hitting the guy who held him right in the knee. When he buckled, he shoved off another holding him from the side. Spinning, he dodged a blow and shed his shirt in the process to release himself from the grab of another. The shirt was instantly twisted and used to lash out at a boarder who approached. It hit his foot, curled around it, and with a tug, brought the guy crashing down.

Terrell was aware of Troy bringing down another only to turn on a second. He caught on to the boy's plan in a second. Troy was throwing guys off their boards, bringing them to the ground so that Terrell could take care of them. With a grin, Terrell whipped the shirt around and used it to strike a guy approaching him from ground level.

In the next few moments shouts of frustration and anger filled the area as two boys took down the larger group. Terrell grabbed a guy who he knocked off balance. He lifted him only to recognize the dude as the one who had punched him before.

With a sadistic grin, Terrell drew back his fist. "Smile," he said before he let it fly, hitting the guy straight in the teeth.

He let go and the guy slid to the floor with a loud groan. Noticing a presence to his left he whirled to strike.

"Wait!" the guy who had attempted to surprise attack leaped back. He raised his hands in the air. "I give up, dude!" There was a cut across his nose and the side of his face was already bruising from a previous attack.