Chapter 2

Dedicated to @AmyHarpoleGray because she took the time and read her friend's story and because she's simply awesome!

Chapter 2

"You don't have to help, I can handle it." I said to Sun as she bent over to pick up one of my boxes off the front lawn. I couldn't help but stare at her butt in those tight ass jeans she was wearing...I may be a bit of a nerd but I'm still a man.

"What else am I going to do? Sit around and twiddle my thumbs?" She said standing back up and turning to me, the box now in between us. Luckily, I averted my eyes before she noticed me checking her out.

"So you said you work from home...what do you do?" She asked walking past me to the brick steps that led to the house. I quickly grabbed up a random box and followed her, trying very hard not to watch the sway in her hips as she moved ahead of me.

"You'll think I'm a dork..." I admitted, knowing my cheeks had turned red at the admission.

"I kind of like dorks." She said winking one big brown eye behind her shoulder. I couldn't help it, I stumbled in my steps, like the dork I am.

"Um, I write graphic novels." I mumbled quietly, hoping she didn't hear me.

"Ooo! No freakin' way! That's hella awesome!" She smiled my way as she set the box down in my new room. She swung her long dark hair over her shoulder, revealing her sexy tattoos. I had thr urge to quickly wipe my chin to make sure I wasn't drooling...

"Wait, did you say awesome?" I asked confused as her words filtered through the fog in my brain. No woman has ever said that about my work.

She laughed sexily, flashing her...wait is that a tongue ring? "It is awsome! You must be a great artist to do that! Wait, are you sure you will have enough space to do that in here?"

"Honestly, I will have to downsize a little bit but it should be alright." I said looking around the room. The room was huge but after adding my bed, dressers, and all that I have little to no room left over for my drafting table and supplies.

"You know, I've got some space over in the shop if you wanna work over there. You'd have to deal with me and the noise but its not too bad." Sun offered walking back out to get another box.

"Shop?" I asked stumbling behind her yet again.

"You didn't see it on your way in?" She asked pausing at the front door.

I shook my head at her in confusion. Shop? What shop?

"Come on, I'll show you." Sun smiled at me brightly before grabbing my hand in her small one and pulling me out the front door. I had to hurry to keep up with her and her long legs...how in the hell does she walk so freakin fast with those sexy ass heels on?

Sun continued to pull me along behind her across the yard to the building next door. It was a small building but how I missed it I have no idea...it was painted a bright fire-engine red with black shutters on the two small windows that framed the glass shop-style door. Over the door was a sign saying 'Sunshine Ink' in dark gothic lettering.

"This is my baby..." Sun grinned back at me, still holding my hand, by the way.

Sun unlocked the door and walked in, her high heels echoing on the tile floor. I walked in behind her and took in the sight of the tattoo shop around me. It was one big room, the walls covered in different illustrations resembling...comic books?

"This here is my baby..." Sun smiled brightly as she ran her hands over a leather chair and pointed to a tattoo gun?

"You run a tattoo shop?" I asked, trying to keep the awe out of my voice.