The House That Was...

Play "Home" By Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

"RIELIN!!! SHUTUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My twin brother Daniel yelled at me. Apparently I had been singing to myself and I hadn't noticed. "DANIEL! What did I say about yelling in the car!" My dad shouted from the drivers seat. My brother just dropped his head and decided that his feet were far more interesting to look at than anyhtinhg else. My dad then made a sharpe right, causing Emily, my oldest siblings, head to roll in the opposite direction. She jolted up in her seat and I couldn't help but to laugh because she always puts up a front to make her seem tough, her being the oldest sibling and all. I laughed at her slightly, because seeing her surprised or scared is quiet a site. So, I should probably tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Rielin, and my twins name is Daniel. Were both 17 years old. Emily is our oldest sibling, and she's 18. We have 2 younger siblings that are 13 years old, who are also twins. They stick out in our family. Their names are John and Heather. They have blonde hair and brown eyes. Daniel and I have black hair, and I have hazel eyes, but Daniel has one green eye and one brown eye. Emily is like the Plain Jane of our family, brown hair, and brown eyes. She looks exactely how our mom looked. Our mom died when John and Heather were about 2 years old. Emily took it the hardest. She had cancer, it was the second time she had gotten it. Dad got a new job, one that required us to move around the country. Today were driving towards North Georgia, like, in the Appalachian Mountains. I haven't spoken to really anyone since dad told us that we would be moving again. I just kinda, stop communicating with everyone, for fear I might start crying if I say one word. Dad pulls the SUV down a gravel driveway surrounded bby forestry and a few big boulders, then we see the house. It's bigger than any other house we've stayed in, ever. It's old looking though, like, the kind of house you would think has a cellar and a bunch of secret passage ways. "WE"RE FINALLY HERE!!!!!!" My dad shouts as he hops out the car. Daniel literally sprints out of the car towards the front door that my dad has just opened. Emily jogs out of the car after she gathers up some her stuff and shoves it into one of her duffel bags. John helps heather out of the car because she's carrying all of their stuff. I will be the last one to get out. I do this every time we move to a new house. So, for the next 30 minnutes, I will sit here, perfectly still, and watch the house. Sometimes I have stayed in the car almost over night, until Emily has come out and carried me to one of our couches. I take my earbuds out and begin to stare at the house, that is, until I hear some rustling from the woods beside our house. I get out of the car and hide behinf a tree and slowly walk towards the sound. I don't walk infront of the bush it came from, I walke a few meters to the side of it and go to the back of the bush to see two boys sitting behind it, watching the house. I try to walk forward, but I fall down a, hunting trap? A bell starts to go off and I can hear the boys running over towards me, or, well, the hole I'm in. "What did we get?" One of the boys asks. "We got a-" is all the other boy can say before he see's that they caught a, me. "Well, what did we get?" The other boy asks. He comes over and looks into the hole. He sees me and his eyes widen in surprise, then he smiles. Not a, creepy or perverted smile, just a friendly smile. He reaches his down and says, "Come on, I'll pull you up." He looks about my age, which is why I daon't think he can pull me up. I'm not exactely the skinniest girl ever, or, at least, not in my opinion. I take his hand, and surprisingly, he pulls me up with no problem. He's stronger than I thought he was. I look at the other who is still trying to process the fact I was in their trap, I then turn and sprint towards the house. I'm on a track team, so it's not the hardest thing ever. I run into the house to find everyone sitting around a junky t.v. that works on an antena, eating Ramen that Emily must have cooked. I look around the room I'm in. It's a huge foyer with a really big staircase in it, like, the kind you see in really nice mansions, that lead up to a hallway with doors and more stairs. I walk around trying to find wher the kitchen is, but instead I find a weird looking door, I push it open and walk through, it has a bunch of old furniture in it with plastic draped over everything. It's a very dusty room, but I sit down anyways. I'm looking to see if there are anybooks in this room, until I hear a doorbell ring, and I pray that those boys did not decide to come and visit us.