How to Tell if the Opposite Sex Likes You

There are so many ways to tell if a guy or girl likes you. At times, one could argue that the signs could be universal for both genders! Here are some of what fellow Wattpadders think.

“When they talk to you nonstop or blush and smile when you joke or talk. Or, in a girl’s case, if he offers to walk you to class or flirts with you when he sees you.”

                                                                                                                      SavannahKWinters says

"When the guy always stares at you and tries to get as much physical contact as possible. Being it a high five, or a hand on the shoulder or even a hug! Girls, when we flirt, we smile when we see the guys, some, might even wear low cut shirts, and others use their eyelashes by batting them. If they like a guy they want to be around him all the time... Well...that's what I do XD"

                                                                                                                                                     TheReviewer 

“Totally agree with the hug thing. I mean, before my bf and I got together he would always hug me so often. As well as that he would always want to hold my hand randomly...though I didn’t think much of it before. Like if we're holding hands then I move away he would clutch my hand again.  Also we can’t stop starring at each other, lol.”                     

                                                                                                                     xXSweEtFuNkXx

After I gained quite a few quotes from Wattpad and abroad, I found from these resources many ways to tell if a guy or girl likes you.

How to tell if a girl likes you:

My friend Alex decided to help his ‘bros’ out by giving the following.

“-She'll start texting me more often, she'll start saying she loves me. (They say as a friend, but I know what they mean! Other times, it's because they like me as a friend.)

-They'll start getting a little more touchy, and close. Like sitting next to me closer, or poking/hitting me (cause I'm annoying often) They'll ask me to change my style to their favorite style.

-They'll ask to come over more

-They'll comment on everything of mine on FB ( Which is why I don't have one anymore.)

-They'll drop hints, I won't get them. Then they'll eventually yell it at me, cause I'm oblivious. Or my friends will tell me, because I'm oblivious!

I decided to help Alex out with a few more.

~ She may possibly kick you in the shins. Beware, but be glad. She might like you. 

~ She'll play with her hair or is conscious of her looks. For example, she will constantly touch her hair or look in a nearby mirror.

~ Teases you often. Some girls like to play hard to get!

~ They bat their eyelashes or pucker their lips. 

~ She will also remember things that you said. Even when you don't remember it!

~ She'll talk to you a lot or not at all. 

How to tell if a guy likes you:

I got a lot of help for this one by research and asking people.

~ Physical contact, hugs last little longer or more frequent. Sometimes, he’ll hug you every four seconds.

~ He looks at you often. Especially when he thinks you’re not looking!

~You're his first priority. He'll text you first before anyone else. He'll even put down that video game!

~ He compliments you and then try to brush it off like he didn't say anything. Trying to save some bravado of his, perhaps?

~He'll do sudden and unexpected acts of kindness only towards you. Carrying your books, apologizes for cussing in front of you, etcetera. 

~ He becomes jealous or possessive when you're around another guy or when around a large group of people.

~ He'll tease you constantly and mess with your head.

~ He may become nervous and fidget around you. 

~ He may wear certain clothing, brand names, or colors that will get your attention.

~ He'll start asking people such as family and friends about you.

~ He'll pay more attention to you than anyone else.

~ You make him smile and laugh louder than anyone else does

By: Jazzstardust