Chapter 2

I woke up and took a look at the clock. It was five o'clock. I couldn't sleep. That boy, Charles had left me nightmares. I got up from my bed and made my way to my bathroom. I took a shower to wake my self up. I went to my closet and grabbed my pink skirt with a fancy black top. I threw on my clothes and headed to my car outside.

   I pulled up to the school and made my way in. I felt someone grab me by my hips. I started to scream. I thought it was that guy, Charles.

"Come down babe," a husky voice said as he spunned me around.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled at Will. Will was my boyfriend.

"What I do?" He asked.

"Ugh, Nothing," I said as I walked off.

    I walked in school and headed straight to the ABC's. The girls were chatting there heads off about something. They always had something to tell me, no matter what it was. It could be something stupid or important.

"Grace, You won't believe it," Alison started.

"The Killer," Bonnie Whispered.

"Lives on your street," Cassie finished.

"I know girls, I gave him a ride yesterday," I stated as I walked to my first period.

The girls faces were priceless. They couldn't believe I just said that. I walked off before they could ask any questions.

  Soon it was lunch time. I sat with the girls, my boyfriend, and his friends (Ethan and Mark). we sat in the front of the snack bar line. I took a sit in between Alison and Will.

"He almost hit her I swear," Bonnie said with her eyes popping out of her head.

"Yeah I know, it was crazy. Just imagine he had a weapon or something!" Cassie Stated.

"What Happened?" I asked.

"Charles went off on Mrs. Lemus to day," Alison said. Damn I thought to myself, he is crazy but who wouldn't go off on that bitch. No one liked her anyways.

"I can't believe you gave him a ride. He didn't try anything did he," Cassie asked. I notice Will turned his head at me with a angry face.

"You did what? Why are you even near him!" he shouted.

"Calm down! he asked for a ride, plus he lives across the street from me," I shouted back. Everyone's faces were shocked.

Will didn't talk to me since lunch. I didn't care. He wasn't going to stop Charles from living across the street from me. Charles didn't look like he could kill anyone. He looked misunderstood, like me I guess. Everyone thought I was a bitch and I got my way because I'm popular but it wasn't like that. I wish I wasn't poplar. I just wanted to be alone sometimes.

    I walked to the back of the school. Most of the pot heads and hippies hanged back here. I passed by the group of potheads. The boys all said something like want to take a hit or damn baby. I walked to the other end and noticed someone sitting where I sat by myself most days. I walked up behind the person. The person was wearing a black jacket with the hood over its head so I didn't know who it was.

"You're in my spot," I said with my hands on my hips.

"And I don't see your name here," The boy said. I knew that voice. He turned around and smiled. "Take a seat unless your scared," He patted the ground next to him.

I took a seat next to him. He looked surprised that I sat but shook the expression off his face. I wasn't afraid of him. I notice there was smoke. He took a hit from bud in his hand.

"Want some," he asked as he held the bud close to my lips. I never smoked before. I said what the heck and placed my lips in between and inhaled. He smiled. He removed it and placed it back in between his lips. I exhaled the smoke and coughed a little. I looked at his eyes that were blood shot. They were a pretty brown color. His jaw line was perfect, his skin was white but not pale.

"So this is your spot?" he asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, I come here a lot," I said as I looked away.

"Why? you get tired of your friends and come here for some quiet time?"

"No. I like it here, it makes me feel happy and peaceful."

"That may be because of the pot." He Laughed.

I didn't think of that. I smiled a little.

"Its good to clear your head and take a break from life, with or without pot," he laughed again. His eyes were red but he didn't seem high. His smile was one of those sexy smirks you would see on models. He noticed me staring at him.

"Like what you see?" he asked with a wink. I didn't say anything but I blushed. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Grace," I said as I looked away.

"A pretty name for a beautiful girl." I laughed as he blushed. I notice him looking at me. I turned my head to face him. I wasn't scared of him. People said he killed his family but this boy right here seem so harmless. He was normal I would say. 

"Well, nice to meet you Grace. I'm Charles." He smiled. I knew his name already but he didn't ask for mine that day I gave him a ride.

"Nice to meet you as well," I smiled back.

We sat there for awhile then I told him goodbye. I went home thinking about him. How could Charles be a killer?