All Monsters Are Human

Prologue

As I laid there next to him with his arms wrapped around me I felt safe. Then again I felt my heart beating fast and the fear in my breath. His skin was warm and soft as a teddy bear. I loved the feel of his warmth against my skin. I loved him so much but I knew I shouldn't. I was afraid of him. How could I love him if I was afraid of him? I was afraid of him hurting me. He was a monster. He was a murderer. I kept thinking when would the day come when he would kill me. I shouldn't be thinking that but every time I looked at him that is what I thought. He didn't look like a killer. He was beautiful. His eyes were dark as night fall, his hair was chocolate brown that fell to his eyes and his skin was pale. I opened my eyes and stared at him for awhile. I gently crawled out of the bed and put my clothes on. I made my way to the door when he spoke.

"Where are you going?" He asked with his sexy sleepy voice.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to make some coffee," I said sweetly.

"Okay but hurry back," He told me.

I started my way to the front door. I knew that was a bad thing to do but I needed to leave. As I began to open the door, I felt his arms grab me. I closed my eyes tight. He push me against the wall. I didn't want to look at him.

"Where are you going?" He asked still holding me.

I didn't answer. I began to cry and I felt my heart racing fast. I felt his hand catch the tears running down my face.

"What did I do?" He asked with tears in his eyes.

"Nothing..." I whispered.

"Then why are you leaving? I love you Grace and I won't ever hurt you," He told me with tears.

I brushed the tears from his cheek. I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"I know Charles. I love you too," I said as he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me with passion.