Chapter 12

The next morning Phil wakes up first to make breakfast. He thinks he has to take charge to make sure Dan eats no matter how much pain he is in with his back.

Phil's POV
I wake up first to make Dan breakfast. I need to make sure he eats. I don't want him getting ill or a fever again. I sigh as I crack a egg into the pan. Just then the toast pops up and I smile. I will make this the best breakfast he's had in a long time. I wince as I bend over to get the sausages out of the oven. I'm still in pain with my back but I need to manage. I hear a bump on the glass kitchen door followed by a "ow" indicated that Dan had woken and walked into the door. I chuckle to myself as I serve up breakfast.

"Just in time," I mumble turning around to see Dan in his bed hair. "Cute hobbit hair," I smile handing him a plate. He takes it and chuckles to himself as he walks out. "How you feeling?" I ask with concern as he takes the grey chair and I take the blue one opposite him.

"Alright I think. Food looks nice," his voice is warm and soft as he starts to eat. "How's your back?" This time he is the one with concern in his voice. He looks at me with his brown eyes softly.

"In pain but I'll survive." I smile back at his soft eyes. He gives me a smile but I can tell he's still concerned, so I stand up and walk around to hug him. "I'm fine, trust me," I say hugging him. He tilts his head to the side and rests it on my chest. I smile and kiss his cheek. I see his cheeks go red.
-
-
-
Later Dan and I are sat on he sofa in our laptops it's about 3pm. "Dan?" I turn to look at him and he glances at me.

"Yeah?" He's voice is so gentle.

"How about we do a video. About where we have been. And about us," I shut down my laptop and it looks like Dan does the same. "Let's do it together." He smiles and nods towards me I stand first. I hold my hand out and he takes it. We walk hand in hand to my room as it's the brightest with colour and lights. I get the camera set up and Dan takes a seat on the bed. I'm not sure how the phandom will react about this. I sigh still getting the camera all set up.

Dan's POV
As I watch Phil get the camera ready I'm feeling mixed emotions. How will the phandom react? Will it be a good reaction or a bad?

"Ready?" Phil turns to ask me. I nod slowly and take a deep breath as Phil sits next to me. "Hey guys, so me and Dan have recently been in the hospital but don't worry we are all fine" Phil introduces the video I just sit there with a smile on my face.

"So Phil why don't you tell them the real reason why we decided to make this video," I speak filling in the silence when Phil stops talking.

"Well we can confirm..." Phil takes a deep breath. He looks down at he feet then lifts his head with a smile.

"Phan is real," we both end up saying at the same time and that makes me smile.

"Yep me and Phil are dating," say and look at Phil in the eyes. The butterflies in my stomach are easing up.

"Now your all wondering 'nah this is all fake your just friends' but would friend's just do this," and as on cue Phil turns to me and kisses me on the lips. I kiss back as a reflex. The moments are all blurred after that. Minutes feel like seconds. After what feels like moments Phil pulls back and turns to the camera. "There you go phan proof go wild. And I'll see you in another video bye," Phil ends the video with a smile on his face then turns to me "I love you Dan. Always know that what ever happens and how ever the phandom will react I love you and always will," his smile on his face makes me believe what he said is true.

"I love you too Philly," I smile and kiss his gently on the lips.

-
-
-

Later that evening after it's all gone dark, Phil is editing his video when the house phone rings. I pick it up. "Hello?" I say when I've answered this.

"Hello? Is this Mr Dan Howell or Mr Phil Lester?" it's the doctor from the hospital that discharged us a few days ago.

"This is Dan," I say trying to mask the concern in my voice. It's not like a doctor to call home unless it's urgent. I glance over at phil and he is totally oblivious to the conversation I'm having.

"Okay, well I have news to tell you. Be prepared, make sure your sitting down." I take a seat on the table. I glance at Phil again and he's still oblivious to the conversation even when I pulled a chair out.

"Okay I'm sat doctor what is this all about?" I question now not attempting to mask the concern in my voice, but let it all pile out.

"Well, Mr Phil Lester only has a few days to live... the operation- well we forgot to tell you when you were in the operation. We are not a hundreds percent sure how many day but we know he won't last till this time next month... that's why we discharged you both early so you could send it together..:" after that all the doctors words are blurred. I feel like my world has just come to a end.

"Okay goodbye doctor..." I say trying to hold back the tears as I hang up. I go to stand up but drop to the floor, I look up to see Phil over me I look up with teary eyes.

"What's the matter?" Phil questions. He had a hand on my shoulder and is kneeling down.

"You won't live till this time next month..." I see the shock on his face. He shakes he head. I start to repeat everything I can remember what the doctor told me.

We head to bed early I wrap my arms around him. I can hear Phil cry himself to sleep and it breaks my heart. I don't want to lose him. But now, now I will. I hold on to him and I feel my eyes getting heavy with sleep. I urge myself not to let it take me but it did when I didn't want it to...

A/N: Aw no another sad chapter I cry