Truly Yours (Part 2)

You stepped past the canopy and into the large clearing of woods. This was it. This was your's and Damon's special place. The place he asked you to meet.

The place it was finally going to happen at.

You didn't know what to think or expect. I mean, you had always knew you wanted Damon in your life forever.......

Okay, maybe not always. 

Not when he you hated him. Not when he hated you. Not when he hated himself. Not when he was still living in that monster like daze of his, not when he gave way to his inner inhumanity, and definitely not the times he almost killed you.

No, you didn't want to be with him then.

But the times he looked into your eyes and pulled away, his teeth just inches from your neck. The times he would look helplessly at you, his hunger for your blood and his instinct to protect you, to keep you battling inside him. Or the time you first pressed your lips to his, letting him know that no matter everything, you accepted him, his every flaw and his every mistake, his every secret and his every deed. You loved him. And you loved him for him.

And now here you were. 

You were just going to step forward when you looked down and saw a note on the ground.

Very well then. If that's how he wants to play.

You bent down and picked it up. On it were the words "Close you eyes. Open them and you lose."

You smiled and then closed your eyes. You had no idea where this was going and that excited you no end. Of course he wouldn't propose in a normal old fashioned way. He's Damon. 

You first felt his hot breadth on the back of your cold neck, sending shivers down your back. Then his fingers, oh so lightly trailing down your arms before his hands cupped the back of yours. 

Your eyes were closed but every inch of you felt alive. His light touches sent fire through your veins, travelling to every inch of you. You skin ached for him.

He curled his hand with yours, lacing your fingers from behind and gave a gentle squeeze. Neither of you spoke a word. Neither of you needed  to.

Then suddenly he was gone. And you missed his warmth and his touch but you knew he was still close. So you kept your eyes closed and your breath even.

Then you felt his lips brush gently against both your eyelids. And suddenly you were flying. He had wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you flush against his body and you felt your feet leave the ground. Okay, this wasn't fair. How were you not supposed to open your eyes when your boyfriend can suddenly fly? Last you checked, vampires don't fly!

Yet you kept your eyes closed, clutching his neck in a vice like grip, but you didn't need to. He held you close. He held you safe.

After a few seconds you felt your feet touch the ground again. But it wasn't the uneven forest ground. No this ground felt smooth and strangely the breeze had considerably picked up. The skirt of your dress fluttered around your legs, your hair flying behind you.

You felt Damon gently turn you around, pulling your back to his chest and then he whispered in your ear 'Open your eyes now'.

You shivered as his warm breath hit your ear and neck. You slowly opened your eyes and gasped.

You were standing on the very edge of the clock tower in Times Square, your toes touching the end. The entire city of Mystic Falls was lying in front of you. The street lights lit up the night sky, their strong beams faltering under the full moon. The stars seemed to dance off their own accord, winking at you. Mystic Falls had always been picturesque but right now, it practically glowed in a surreal, quite beauty that cannot be ignored.

You were so busy admiring the view that you didn't notice Damon was admiring a different scene.

You.

You leaned back against him, both of your laced hands resting on your stomach. Neither of you said a word for an entire minute.

'It's beautiful' you sighed.

'Is it? I didn't notice' he whispered.

'You're so corny' you laughed.

'Hmm' he hummed contentedly.

He was being so unfair, keeping you on the edge like this, and I'm not just talking about the clock tower's edge. He was being so damn slow with this that you were just itching to say yes already. Why, oh why did he have to torture you like this.........

'So I heard my dear little brother ruined my careful surprise.' he said.

'Seems like it' you shrugged, fighting the smile on your face.

'I'll deal with him later. Even that old man can't ruin this for me.'

And suddenly his warmth was gone from behind you. You turned around, surprised, and found him there, in front of you, bending on one knee. And even though you knew this was going to happen tonight and had been trying to prepare yourself for this unbelievable moment, no amount of preparation could have prevented your heart from picking its pace up tenfold.

'(Y/N)(L/N). I'm having trouble even asking you because I feel so unworthy of you. I know I have made a million mistakes. I know I am not the right person for you. But I do know that I love you. I don't know what will happen or if anything is ever going to last. But I do know that whatever this is, it's real. And it's powerful. I love you enough to risk letting you go forever, which is why I'm here, on one knee, a position I never imagined myself to be in. Even when I was with Katherine, all those years ago, I never even considered this, but from the moment you first looked into my eyes, I have been seeing this. I'm not perfect, I'm not good. But I know that with you, everything else is. All those centuries of building my walls up, only to have them come crashing down, just by having you hold my hand. I am dead (Y/N), but for every second I spend with you, I'm alive with fire. And I want to feel that fire for the rest of my life. So here I am. Asking you, begging you, for giving me my forever. For giving me you.'

And as he said the last words your insides felt like they were singing. Or possibly burning. You felt like you would combust any second because surely, surely, it must be unreal to feel this light, this happy.

And he was just there in front of you, his eyes for once holding a vulnerability you had never even imagined on him. It wasn't even a decision or a question you had to answer. You had known the answer since the day he became yours and you became his.

You also bended down so you were kneeling down in front of him and whispered one word like a prayer.

'Forever' you promised him as you pressed your lips to his.

_______________________________________________________________________________

.........corny huh?

So what say my dear readers? Did his live up to your expectations? Did Damon make it as perfect as you imagined it?

Well I certainly tried my best.

So if you like my writing even a teensy tiny bit, please hit the vote button and help me grow my little writer wings.

Remember I always take suggestions so go crazy with your ideas. This one itself was a continuation of an idea given to me by @kiepotter.

Please comment and let me know if I did justice to this one.

Peace Out

Stay Beautiful

I<3CHOC35