Chapter Twenty Eight♥

"So

"So..." Lucy drawled out.

I felt as if I were in an alcoholics anonymous meeting, Lucy had immediately herded me into an empty classroom as soon as the lunch bell had rang, claiming that now it was December it was of the utmost importance that we discussed our annual Secret Santa. I quickly realised when I was pushed into the classroom to see Edward, Violet and Rebecca all sat in a circle that this was a lot more than a simple friendly gathering.

"Why are we doing this?" Violet blurted out, "We've sorted things out, can't we just leave it?"

"You haven't sorted things out and you know it." Lucy shook her head, "You and Jade are civil but you're not the way you used to be, and Edward has suddenly become a mute. I haven't heard you speak or crack a joke in weeks."

Edwards shrugged, "I'm fine."

"Sure." Lucy snorted. She looked around us, her light eyes incredulous as she looked at the broken band of musketeers. It had only been three months since September but so much had happened and changed. In the summer we had been inseparable; and now it was as if we were strangers, "We need to fix this. I can't keep hanging around with you all when everyone is walking on eggshells."

Lucy motioned for me to take a seat, and after seeing the determination in her eyes, I perched on the end of desk. It was awkward as we all looked at each other; no one wanted to break the ice.

"Edward, do you have feelings for Jade?" Rebecca finally blurted out.

Edward started slightly, Rebecca's abrupt question nearly causing him to fall off his chair. His eyes found mine; almost as if he couldn't control it. His face flushed so red it reached the tips of his ears. He sank down in his seat slightly, glancing at the door to his left as if he were contemplating to tuck and roll out of this awkward situation.

"I was drunk ok?" Edward sighed; crossing his arms defensively, "And yes, over the summer I may have developed a miniscule crush on Jade." He added quietly.

"Miniscule?" Lucy repeated, shaking her head, "You kissed her Edward!"

"It was just a kiss!" Edward hissed, "Now shut up Lucy!"

I had never seen Edward look so nervous. His eyebrows were practically in his hairline, his eyes were wide as he gave Lucy a warning look, Lucy on the other hand was sat back casually in her seat, her mouth pursed with a slight smug look on her face.

"Now that's not true is it Edward?" She scolded lightly.

"Lucy!" Edward warned again.

"Because it was your first kiss!" Lucy yelled, her tone dramatic as if she were an actor in a play. Lucy glanced around the group, almost as if she were expecting us all to fall to the floor with big gasps. "Oh come on! Tell me you didn't all know?"

"I didn't..." I shrugged, "I'm a bit surprised though."

"A bit surprised?" Violet repeated incredulously, "Coming from the girl who was mad at a boy for six years because he," She paused to use her index and middle fingers as quotes,"stole my first kiss." She attempted to mimic my voice but instead it came out as a high pitched squawk.