Chapter Seventeen♥

Dedicated to xximalesbianxx for the cover on the side! Thank you!

          “My parents are out for the night. Their attending some sort of business conference.” Jared told me while he turned on his living room lights. I had forgotten how beautifully decorated his house was, his living room consisted of plush white sofas, a huge flat screen TV and beautifully picked flowers which rested in crystal vases on a dark wood coffee table. “You’re freezing, you can have a shower if you want?”

          I was freezing and I couldn’t stop shaking so I nodded my head.

          Jared quickly took my hand in his and led me up the staircase. I tried to ignore how good it felt to hold his hand, it was warm and large, totally dwarfing my little one.

          He quickly showed me how the shower worked and bought in two huge fluffy towels for me.

          “Thank you.” I said quietly.

          Jared studied me carefully before he nodded, “Don’t worry about it.” He walked towards the door and glanced over his shoulder before he shut it, “I’ll put some clothes out on my bed, come down to the kitchen when you’re ready.”

          I locked the door behind him and quickly stripped down and stepped into the shower. It took me a few minutes to find the perfect temperature before I eventually managed to relax. Jared’s shower was amazing, it had a huge hose which meant that a large amount of water beat down on me instead of the pathetic little drizzle my shower offered.

          The hot water relaxed my tense muscles and I finally stopped shaking. I closed my eyes and washed my hair with some expensive looking shampoo Jared had left by the side, it smelt of apples. 

          After showering, I wrapped the fluffy white towels around me to trap the remaining heat the warm water had left me on my skin. I slowly approached the mirror. It looked bad. My right cheek was swollen and the scratch Mum’s ring had left was a lot deeper than I expected. My skin was pale and my lips seemed to be stuck in a permanent straight line.

          I still felt numb, not quite believing how quickly everything had changed in a matter of hours, sitting in the cinema with my friends felt like weeks ago, when in fact it was just a few hours ago.

          And who would have thought I would be in Jared’s house, changing into his sweat pants and blue t-shirt with him downstairs waiting to see if I was ok. His clothes were comfy and they hung loosely on me, practically swallowing up my small frame.

          I quickly tugged a comb through my curls and towel dried them so they wouldn’t drip water down the back of my top. I sighed and headed downstairs, knowing that I couldn’t hide away forever and that I would have to tell Jared what happened, but I was appreciative that he had given me a few moments to myself.

          “Hey.” I greeted him awkwardly from the doorway.

          Jared had been rooting through his cupboards, his shirt raised slightly so I could see the toned muscles beneath his t-shirt. He turned around at the sound of my voice, giving me a once over.

          “You look tiny in my clothes.” He noticed with a small smile on his lips.

          I chuckled softly, “Thank you for lending them.”

          “Don’t be stupid, I’m not just going to leave you in your wet clothes.” Jared laughed, “I don’t want you to die of hypothermia.”