Level 4 ✦ The Overly-Sexist Bastard

GameStop is probably the best store ever.

I'm serious. Everything about this place is perf; it's like heaven...a heaven made for gamers like me. Any game or console that I could dream of was here—the only problem being that I didn't have any money to get the stuff I wanted.

In fact, I didn't even have their PowerUp card—which really sucks. Nick has one, though, but he's not with me, so even if I did see a cool game that I really wanted, I wouldn't be able to buy it. Nick's like my human wallet: whenever we go shopping, I give all my cash to him because unlike me, Nick's very organized and actually knows where he places his stuff. (Plus, I trust him more than anything.)

Unfortunately, I'm more of the opposite. I'm nowhere near as organized as he is, and I lose my stuff easily because I just throw them everywhere. This was also part of the reason why my bedroom looks like the aftermath of a tornado.

My mom always claims that it looks more like a doghouse—because according to her, my bedroom is "dirty and smelly and really unkempt." But the fact of the matter is, is that I just don't see the point in cleaning my room—especially when it comes to making my bed. I mean, what's the point of making it when approximately twelve hours later, you'll just be screwing it up again? According to my philosophy, wasting away ten minutes of your time and energy into making your bed is just a complete waste of time. I could've done something more productive during those ten minutes, like finishing the math homework that's due in approximately an hour (yes, I'm a huge procrastinator, unfortunately).

I try to reason with my mom every time she asks me to make my bed, but she won't accept any of my explanations. She just says I'm lazy.

I call it being smart and wise and being great on time management.

Anyways, as I was walking into the shop with my friends, I couldn't help but notice that, again, at least ninety percent of the customers there at GameStop were males—even the people manning the registers.

What was it with females and videogames? They avoid it like the plague. Are they embarrassed to walk into a "manly" store or something?

"I'm gonna go pre-order," Hudson said.

"Remember to get two extra controllers!" I added, giving him an exaggerated wink.

Hudson rolled his eyes but didn't respond. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose before walking away from me. He has a habit of doing that because his glasses are a bit too big for him.

"Need any help?" I heard someone behind me ask. I spun around and came face-to-face with one of the GameStop employees.

"Uh, no thanks," I said, politely. "Just looking around." I clasped my hands together awkwardly before turning around to face Gavin, but he was already at the Wii section, looking at videogames. "I thought you sold your Wii?" I asked, puzzled, when I approached him. Last time I checked, Gavin only had a PS2 and an Xbox.

"I did, but my little brother got a WiiU for his birthday last month, so I'm just seeing if there are any good games I could get for him for Christmas."

"Aw, that's so sweet!" I cooed, reaching my hand out to pinch his cheeks, but Gavin slapped my hand away and glared at me.

"Don't even think about it," he warned.

"I wasn't going to. You were overreacting." I said, innocently, before making my way over to the Xbox section.

I wonder if there were any good M-rated games...?

I scanned the shelves for anything that seemed good to me. As much as I condoned violence, I must say that violent videogames were a guilty pleasure of mine.