Chapter Two

“I’m Ophelia Circee!” I exclaim smiling broadly. Wow Odd was so much cuter in real life! Odd grins at me ear to ear, I swear if he should smile any bigger he might just swallow his head! Once more I feel the others eyes on me. I turn and gesture to them, “Ok, so this is my motley crew, Katie Duchannes, Sophia Knight, Jacob Stewart and last but not least David Patterson.” I say gesturing to each and everyone one of them.  Odd and Ulrich nod and shake hands with each of them. Sophia and Katie both blush and the guys just knuckle punch them. I roll my eyes and I feel my phone vibrate as the ringtone starts going off-

“Here we are like a star shining bright on your world today! Make evil go away!”

I blush furiously and grab my phone before it continues and gives our game away. “Hello?” I say into the phone. There was a silence and then the phone cuts off into dial tone. I grimace and put the phone back into my pocket. The others look at me curiously. “Well that was…. Interesting” I say eventually. “At least we have reception.”  “Who was it?” Jacob asks. I pull my phone out again and check but something had blocked the signal once more, so I couldn’t see who had called me. I sigh and look at them, shaking my head. “It won’t show me…” I say indignantly. Odd raises an eyebrow, “Here let me have a squiz.” He says and I pass my phone to him. He looks at it for a second, as if he had never seen it in all his life. He shrugs and dials a number and puts it to his ear, “Ulrich you better hear this…” he says passing the phone to his friend. Ulrich puts it up to his ear and pales slightly. “What the hell?” he says eventually. The others come and stand by my side by instinct. “What is it?” Jacob asks. Ulrich looks at him, “Nothing, nothing. Now if you’ll excuse us we have to go and see…a friend.” He says passing my phone back. They look at us one final time and take off up the stairs past the elevator. The others turn to me slowly, “so what did they hear Phi? Do you have something dirty on there?” Jacob cocks an eyebrow. I glare at him, “No, you cock, none that I know of.” I deadpan. David laughs and gets a playful punch from Jacob. I put my phone up to my ear. Whatever it was saying was still repeating.

“24-1-13-1” was all it said. I pass my phone to the others, and they listen intently. Sophia and Katie look at each other and cock their eyebrows, a grin forms on their faces. “We know that code!” they say in unison, sometimes I think they are one person but with two bodies. I shake my head at the thought. “What is it?” David asks.  They grin wickedly and make for the elevator before we could say anything, they gesture and we get in with them. We ride up to the second floor still not getting a response from our continuous prodding. We get out as the doors open and they race ahead and get to their dorm room, we catch up as the door almost swung into our faces. They were in dorm 213, I note as we head in. we were surprised to see that their entire ‘luggage’ had already been placed in their room. “Since when did we have luggage?” David asks. I turn to him. “Well thanks for stating the obvious, Captain Obvious but we never packed, since we were just sucked into a TV about four, five hours ago.” He blushes and looks at the ground. Jacob comes and leans on me; he looks down at my face and then looks at David, “That’s right Captain Obvious.” Jacob mimics in a high pitched voice. David smirks. I shove Jacob playfully and he pokes my nose before running over to Sophia. (His lover, but we’d daren’t say anything to either of them for fear of immense embarrassment and awkwardness; the same went for David and Katie but that was just between me, myself and I.) David looks at me and goes over to the three of them, as they sat on the floor with papers and pencils spread over the ground.  

“Eureka!” Sophia squeals as she holds up a piece of paper with marking spilled across it.

“What is it?” I ask as I walk over to them.

They all turn to me at once, “X.A.N.A.” They say in unison once again. I raise my eyebrow. “But how?” I say slowly, I turn to look out of the window, which I had walked up to. In the distance I could see three people running into the forest from where we had first appeared. I turn to the others and they shrug.  A grin spreads across my face, “you won’t believe this but I’ll tell you anyways, the ‘gang is on their way to Lyoko.” I say and the others get up and rush over to me. To get a glimpse of the group as they disappeared into the dense forest. They turn to me. “Can we go and gate crash?” Sophia asks. I nod, “but first we need our transport. You get your long boards and I’ll get mine, guys you know where your dorm is, so get your boards and meet us at the elevator.” And with that said we all grin at each other and run off into our respective dorms.

Ten minutes later we all meet each other at the elevator like we had planned. “Come on guys lets hurry, we don’t want them to deactivate a tower without us!” Katie squeals her eyes shining in excitement. We bundle into the empty elevator and rush out when it touches down and the door opens. “Right lets sneak into the gym and use the door in there.” I say and we all sprint over to what seemed and looked a lot like the gym. We push into the gym doors and they open without even making a creepy creaking noise. Inside we could see the door, which was now hanging open, on the other side of the gym the teacher Jim Morales sat snoring loudly. I giggle, “Phi shut up, you'll wake him!” Katie hisses. I roll my eyes and smile playfully. “Watch this.” I say. I put two fingers in my mouth and blow as hard as I could. A shrill whistle escapes my lips and Jim rolls off his chair mumbling something about a Mr. Cuddles or something. I turn to my friends and they laugh. We race to the door and run down the dirt steps. I slam the door as loudly as possible as I make my way down the steps. We jump on our boards and make our way to the next manhole, the one that would take us to the bridge. After about a three minute ride we arrive and climb up the ladder, dumping our long boards at the bottom. We run stealthily along the bridge looking like retarded spies.

We reach the ropes in under a minute, I look behind me as the others back away from the long drop, “Pussies.” I mutter as I take a step back, I run forwards grabbing the rope. I slide down it easily. “Come on you dorks, we don’t have all day!” I say. Sophia and Jacob take the ropes and jump, Katie and David come down next. I look around and see the elevator. I beckon to the others as we tip toe over to it. I look at the key pad, typing the password I hear the elevator come up. “We need a cover story.” David says. I don’t turn around, “I have the perfect story,” I say grinning I turn to them, “It’s simple, all we have to say is that we lost our kangaroo.” I say as Katie and Sophia stifle giggles. The lift opens, just like it does in the show. We hop in, still grinning like the maniacs we were. I press the button for the supercomputer room and the elevator lurches but moves down slowly. It slows to a stop and the doors part making an eerie hissing noise. “Pretend you’ve never seen this place before.” I whisper as the doors open fully, exposing Jeremy sitting at the supercomputer.

“Whoa…” we all gasp as we see the room in all its glory. Jeremy turns around and sees us, shock written over his normally placid face. “What...What the hell are you doing here?!” he says still in shock. With my best Australian accent I answer him, “G’day mate we... umm, how do I put this delicately? We lost our kangaroo, his name is Barry. We were hoping that you’ve seen him, have you?” I ask stifling my giggles one escapes and I make it sound like I was sniffling. He shakes his head and I reply. “Aahh ok then, would you like some billy tea and witchetty grubs?” I ask innocently, still using my bad Australian accent.  David bursts out laughing but covers it up as a loud and obnoxious coughing fit. The others start coughing with him. I walk forwards and start looking around as he watched me closely. “What are you doing here?” he asks eyeing me wearily. I snap my head up to him after examining the 3D globe of all the sectors. “God almighty mate didn’t ya just hear me?” I ask nonchalantly still using my Aussie accent.

The others continue coughing; I jerk my thumb over at them, “I think they’re allergic to something in here, maybe the super computer or maybe the scanners. You can never be too careful with this lot.”

They crack up again this time, unable to control themselves, I grin as they fall to the floor unable to breathe from laughing too much. Belpois gives me a weird look. “How do you know about them?” he asks. I shrug. “I'm just guessing mate.” I say and the others burst into another peal of laughter. He stares at me.

 “Cut the crap who are you? Did Sissi send you down here? To try and see what’s happening?” I shake my head, “No, didn’t Odd tell you? About the coded message on my phone? Does the word X.A.N.A ring a bell?” he stiffens and I grin as I hit my mark in my debate. I win this round I think to myself as I look over my shoulder at my friends as they start gaining their composure. I look back to see Jeremy staring at me like I was some sort of puzzle he was yet to work out.

A/N The second instalment of my epic story… I hope you enjoyed it since I certainly had a blast writing it! Please read and review! You know you want to ;) Anyways dont forget to read on to the next chapter!