Chapter 6

Aaaaaaannnndddd next week turns into next year. Crap. I am so, so sorry. I'm only just getting into Wattpad again after like a heap of months. I swear to god I didn’t mean for that week to be 365 days long. I want to thank everybody who commented on this. It really does mean a lot!

I’m just gonna shut up and let you read the story because I have no excuses. You can throw tomatoes at me now.

 “You said it would be easy Jacob.” I moan from across the computer room. I was lying against the wall staring up at him from my iPod. We had already been here for two hours and Jacob was getting absolutely nowhere. “Okay! I'm almost there! I have no clue how to actually work this bloody thing! I've only ever seen this done on TV!” Jacob yells. I could tell he was at the end of his tether. David wasn’t doing any better. He paced backwards and forwards and Katie was staring absentmindedly at the globe. “DONE! Holy mother of god I am finally freaking done!” Jacob breathes out, “I’m scanning for any movement in Lyoko because that’s the best place to look for Sophia.” I jump to my feet and the others followed. When I reach the computer there was some sort of hum coming from it and I tilt my head. It sounded familiar and as Katie reached it she laughed. “Haha! Oh my god I knew Sophia wasn’t dead! That’s her favourite song, you know? Thrift Shop by Macklemore!”David sighs in relief, his features seemed to calm and he crossed his arms. We all knew what was going to happen now. Who was going into Lyoko and who was going to stay and watch the computer? I rub my face before answering the unspoken question.

 “Look. I’ll stay.” The suggestion was beaten down immediately but I held up my hand to silence them. “No guys. Listen to me. Katie, you and Sophia are best friends you need to go, Jacob, Katie is going to need you and David? Be the hero for Sophia. We all know you like her and she likes you so just go.” I push Jacob out of the seat and sit down; I pick up the headset and look at them. I'm pretty sure the look said what I was thinking. Katie came up and hugged me before the trio go into the elevator and disappear as the doors hiss close. I roll my head on my neck and turn to the computer screen. I type in what I needed and watched as the Lyoko gang’s cards flashed up, I added the other three and told them to get into the scanners so I could scan them into Lyoko. I press enter and the doors to the scanners close. I press the button to scan and I hear a squeal. My eyebrows shot to my hairline as I realised it had come from Jacob. I laugh, “oh god, did you just…. Squeal Jacob?” there was silence in my headset for a few seconds before he cleared his throat. “We will never speak of what just happened.” The scan finishes and I roll my shoulders. “Alright ladies and jellyspoons, welcome aboard the Lyoko express. Please keep your hands and feet inside the scanners and let’s get this party started!” I press enter and the materialisation starts. It was silent as the others started to appear in Lyoko. Well I hoped so; I couldn’t see anything from the computer so I had to trust that their nets were appearing as I thought conferenced with myself. I scratched my face and there was a yell which scared me and caused me to punch my nose and make it start to bleed.

 I laugh because it was the only thing I could do. I just gave myself a stupid blood nose because Katie yelled and scared me. I grab my nose and pull off the headphones before running to my pack and pulling out my wad of Kleenex tissues I carried for stupid things like this, granted I hadn’t done something like this though. I shake my head and shove the tissues into my face and ran back to the computer. The screen was flashing and I realised the others were under attack. “I hope you guys have weapons on you because there are about eight Bloks and two Megatanks zeroing in on you three.” There was couple of seconds when I heard the reply. “Shoot! Really? Do you have a fix on Sophia’s location?” Jacob says breathlessly. They had obviously been running. I nod but realise they couldn’t see me or my bloody nose. “Yeah I do. She's in the mountain sector with you, she’s several miles out from you though, Sophia's near the heart of the sector. Be careful guys I hope X.A.N.A hasn’t done anything to her.” I hear them grunt in response as the monsters start to close in on my friends.