Time flies when you're in pain

Demitri's P.O.V (dem):

...

...

...

...

...

...

Nothing...

Still nothing...

...

...

...

..

.

It's been a year now and despite feeling some part of him stronger than ever I also feel my mark taking effect. I slam my hands down on the redwood desk and lower my head in defeat. It was all my fault, I'll be the one to kill him, the reason he will be dead in just under half a year if I can't find him and persuade him to stand by my side, to tell him it was all a mistake, what he thought was so wrong and that I would never leave him again.

My mark having aged over the year and getting stronger, enables me to feel his feelings and sometimes even hear his thoughts. So far the only thoughts I've heard are about not being strong enough or fast enough and to work harder, they havn't been able to be used to find him. Yes, I have been looking all year. Some pack members hope I just get over him and that I was wrong about him being my mate. Others, usually the seniors look at me with pity... I should not be pitied, not as alpha of my pack.

A knock at the door brings me out of my thoughts. "What?" I call to the person in a harsh tone. I probably shouldn't take it out on the pack members but the feeling of a lost mate is the worst of all. "It's James, we've found a trace of foreign wolf scent getting closer to our territory." I close my eyes. No matter how much pain I'm in I must stay true to my pack. "Come in James." I say and watch as the door opens and James walks swiftly toward the desk sitting in the chair opposite to me.

"Is this scent from any neighbouring packs?" James looks at me with a mix of confusion and slight fear on his face. "It's odd because although the scent is not from neighbouring packs, some men swear they've smelt it before, as if in the group about... Two.. wolves are recognisable." he pauses looking at me as I stand and begin to pace.

"Is there any idea who this group of wolves may be?" I stand looking at my fathers portrait on the wall the gold intricate design of the frame matching perfectly to the trimming on his robe. his wrinkled face pulled into a warm yet mischevious grin that was often seen on him. This was the last one we got before he died. "There has been... some rumour that... It's the MAC group from the west." I turn back to face a slightly uncomfortable looking James.

I shake my head, "Why would they come all the way over here?" I lean against the desk "Romour has also told that one of the trained alpha's wishes to challege Peter from the Waterwood pack for his position... Alpha this is... Good." I stop. Peter has always been a terrible alpha, he never treats anyone with respect  but he's ruthless and chances of beating him are slim. "Has a name come from this as to who will be challenging Peter for alpha position?" James stood quietly for a moment as if hesitating to speak. "Well?" I ask getting a little impatient. "Yes alpha a name has been said."

I walk back to sit down with thoughts of my mate popping into my head again and I resume to push them out with great difficulty. "continue then," I say iritably feeling a slight headache coming on. "Yes well a-a name has been said alpha and-" "Could you please get on with it I don't have all day James, you've already said that just please get to the point." There is silence for a minute and the only sound to be heard is the ticking of the grandfather clock on the other side of the room.

"I'm sorry james I shouldn't snap like that, I'm just very tired" I say pleading with my eyes. "Yes alpha perhaps I'll come back when you're feeling better" he says walking to the door. "Please... What's the rivals name James?" I ask, worn out from the stress of this and the things running through my head. He turns back to me with a sad expression....

"Zachia sir."