M.A.C.

Zachia's P.O.V (Zac):

I ran from the tent a fast as I could.

How could I have been so stupid as to think he would care, of course I would wake up alone after that. Why would a male like him, so masculine and strong want to be around someone as small and weak as myself.

The ground passes by me quickly and all colours fade to one as the tears blur my vision and I swipe at them furiously bounding over a large rock and shifting from human form, back to the wolf I was it seems.... so long ago. There in Dem's arms I felt safe and loved. I guess he must have been deserate for love or something to have done that with me. He probably didn't even feel those intense sparks that were making themselves very known running their course througout my body.

I shove my emotions to the back of my mind and I make myself stone again. I won't ever come back here, I won't ever see Dem again. He can live a normal life with a nice wife and kids, something he'd never get from the likes of me. I'll make sure it'll be like I never existed and knowingly by now he's already forgotten me.

I run acros the borders day by day non-stop until I reach my destination. "Welcome Zachia, I'm glad you decided to join us." the alpha says and I bow my head lowly in respect. I'll never see my mate again for sure now. especially now that I'm starting a year long placement in a pack. Not just any pack though...

M.A.C. Military alpha camp.

I won't be weak anymore. I will be strong and learn to become almost alpha worthy. I will do it so I can never be hurt again so that no matter what happens I will not be weak and caught up in emotions like I did only day ago.

there is a pang in my chest and a throbbing at my neck reminding me that I only have 1 and a half years to live now I'm without my mate as I noticed only yesterday that he had actually marked me. It makes no sense why he did but I'll eccept it. My year in training starts now... then only the really hard half a year afterwards to stay away from my mate.

To keep him safe...

Because as a male it takes two of us to mark eachother for the process to finnish and If I go back there I'll be sure to mark him and he'll never have the life he deserves.