Faded [EDITED]

The prologue is pretty boring, but I realized it's needed for the rest of the story. So here it is.

~

Prologue
Six Months Ago...

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. This class was boring as hell. Heck, hell was probably more fun than this. I inwardly groaned as Mrs. Millbury droned on with her history lesson. Don't get me wrong, history was amazing, but the teacher teaching it made it the most torturous thing alive. I could feel my ears bleeding from listening to her yapping on and on about who knows what. Yawning, I flickered my eyes towards my best friend, Allison, who was having a harder time staying awake than myself. She already had her eyes half closed, slowly but surely dozing off.

Chuckling lowly, wary of Mrs. Millbury bionic ears, a plan formulated in my head. I ripped a paper out of my binder and crumpled it up. My eyes glanced at the teacher with her back turned, who was writing something on the board about World War II, before gripping the paper in my hand and chucking it towards Allison's blonde head. Hey, if I had to suffer, she was going down with me.

"Turtle's nipples!" Allison jumped up, eyes wide as the paper ball fell to the floor, rolling a few inches from her foot. All heads rotated towards her, as a proud red tint covered her face. My hand automatically slapped against my mouth, covering the laugh I wanted to release so badly. Out of all the things she could say, she yelled turtle's nipples? I turned my head away, a small snort escaping my nose as whispers echoed around the room.

"Ms. Baker," Mrs. Millbury voice rang out coldly, silencing all murmurs in the room. The laughter in my throat died down, avoiding the scowl Allison threw my way. She knew it was me. Oh well. "Is there something you have to say for yourself?"

Allison frowned, her glare turning towards Mrs. Millbury. It was no secret those two resented each other. Then again, everyone hated Mrs. Millbury. "Nothing," Allison responded through gritted teeth. "Mrs. Millbury."

I knew she wanted to say something, badly, but was holding it back for the sake of the upcoming party in two weeks; something we were both looking forward to. We heard it was supposed to be live and turn up so no way were we missing out on that. We wouldn't be able to show our faces in the school.

Mrs. Millbury huffed, turning back to the board. "Detention, today and Monday," she spoke as she wrote on the board. Allison glared harder, flicking up her middle finger at her back, making me make a mistake of laugh out loud. "Mr. Chambers, you can join her."

Damn.

***

When the bell rang, I saw the light, the light of freedom. Shoving all my books into my bag, I rushed out of history class, Allison right on my tail. Meeting us was best friend number two, Monica. Luckily, Monica took US History with another teacher so she didn't have to bear the torture of the dragon named Mrs. Millbury.

As we walked up to her, she couldn't help but laugh. "Why so glum tricks?" I ignored the fact she called us a trick and let Allison explain.

"Not pointing any fingers but someone," Allison voice went an octave higher as she glared at me. Oh real mature; let's make it so obvious so she know it's me. "Threw a paper ball at me landing me in detention with that bi-teacher for two days."

I rolled my eyes as we walked towards our lockers. It was something we always did before lunch so we didn't have heavy book bags. Luckily, Allison and Monica had lockers right next to each other while I had mine on the opposite side of them. It wasn't too bad, but it gets very awkward when the halls are crowded and you yell something, which sounds wrong to the people listening.