Part 2: Spooks, Screams, and Skeletons

After what had happened last night, we decided not to go to another party on Saturday. Instead, Argus found a haunted house in the area, and we thought that might be fun to do.

Now, I'll be honest. I'm really not one for being scared for entertainment, but I figured it wouldn't be bad with a group of friends.

Ollie thought it would be fun if we went in full costume. I just think he likes wearing the sexy cat outfit, but we all went along with it. Max, of course, was left at home, but Mars demanded she come too, so Argus found a backpack she could fit in.

We were currently standing in line outside of the attraction, waiting to go in. I was glad to see we weren't the only ones in costume. A girl in front of us was dressed head to toe as a gladiator, and a guy behind us was in a skeleton onesie.

I was beginning to have second thoughts after hearing the sounds of a chainsaw followed by screaming.

Ollie spoke before I did, "why am I doing this?! I don't even like horror movies! Supernatural is too scary for me." Ollie shook his head.

"Hey man, look, a 4 year old just walked out of there and he looks fine, you can do it." Argus said, pointing to the exit. Ollie nodded, took a deep breathe and sighed.

We got to the front of the line and handed the person our tickets. He went over the rules, the basic no touching, pushing, or punching kind of stuff. And then we walked in.

It started with these long black and white sheets, layers of them, draped like curtains in the entry hall. You had to push through them, knowing something could jump out at any time. We got through the sheets without any jump scares, surprisingly. The hallway opened into this room, with lights leading in one direction, to another doorway.

In the doorway stood a guy dressed as a puppet, covered head to toe in blood. Ollie screamed. In the room we were standing in, there was a skeleton leaning against the wall near another door, wielding a sword.

Argus began to walk towards the puppet guy, who stepped aside to let him past.

"No way, I'm going this way." I stated, and began to walk towards the skeleton.

"Yeah, me too." Ollie said.

The skeleton straightened up, and all of us jumped. He was laughing as he said, "no, you have to go through that way." He pointed at the puppet's door with his sword.

I guess the skeleton breaking character made it a little less scary, and I hid behind Rex as we walked into the next room. A girl draped in grey clothes leaped out of us, receiving a shriek from most of us.

The next room looked like a classroom, and a creepy child began to follow us. Just about every row of chairs had a ghost child leaping out at us. The creepy child got very close to Ollie, who seemed to just be trying not to acknowledge her existence. She stopped following once we entered the next room, which was dark and illuminated with candles.

A woman dressed in all white was laying on a table, blood dripping down her neck. As we walked back, she turned to look at us, and all of a sudden reached a hand out at Frank, who jumped. We hurried into the next room.

It was one of those incredibly dizzying spinning rooms, where the walls spun in a circle, with a metal walkway down the middle. There was nothing scary about this part other than the fact of how dizzying it was. We continued on.

In this room stood a clown, holding a chainsaw. He just watched us as we walked through, until we passed him. That was when he turned on the chainsaw and began to chase us!