Chapter 4- Kiss me IF you can

Josh's P.O.V.

I ran up the escalator, pushing past people. Without thinking, I pulled my sneakers off and waded into the water. Then the bag floated past those little water-springy things and I practically got the shower of a lifetime. "Seriously?" I muttered, shaking my head in disbelief.

I grabbed the bag quickly, water dripping from my soggy clothes. Dang! And I just finally got off my lazy butt and done the laundry too. Sighing, I dropped the bag onto the ledge as I began to climb out. Lola-Rose shoved my sneakers off as they plopped into the water; and picked up her bag, walking away. "Ew!" she squealed. I rolled my eyes and quickly revived my sneakers. I climbed out. "You know, there's a word called Thank you!" I shouted, running after Lola-Rose. She turned around for a second, staring at me. "What?" I asked. "Oh, Alex, is that geek talking to me?!" she demanded rudely.

"Uh, yeah, I, like, think that nerdy geek is talking to you. Should we, like, answer him or...." 'Alex' noted, taking a step back as she pulled a disgusted face. " What do you want?!" Lola-Rose snapped.

Keep calm, keep calm, this is your ticket to the prize, I breathed. "Look, I just wanted to ask you a question." I replied. "Not interested! Bye!" Lola-Rose called out, turning her back to me as she marched away. "Will you stop running away from me? I was gonna ask you if-"

Lola-Rose jerked her body around swiftly. "Omigod, I can't even believe that low-class people like you get to breathe the same oxygen that we do!" she growled annoyingly. 

"Well, I was gonna ask you if you'd like to star in a movie but-" Lola-Rose cut me off again. Jeez, what was up with this girl? "Movie? Me? I heard you say movie, right? Wow, girls, I've only just auditioned for 'Dazzling Diva', like, 2 hours ago and I already have somebody wanting to shoot a movieeee about me!" she squealed, jumping up and down. "Wow, that's totally awesome, Lola-Rose! How amazing are you." the other friend said, smiling at her.

What was wrong with them?! They treated her like she was royalty! "So....are you in it or not?" I said, pointing out that I was going to vanish into thin air anytime soon. "Well, a movie and me is like skinny jeans and ballet flats! Je suis totalement en sorte!" Lola-Rose giggled excitedly.

I raised my eyebrows. "What?" Alex tutted. "That means 'I am so totally in it' in French! Hello! Catch up on the foreign lingo,.......nerd." Well, sorry I take Spanish instead. " Yeah...my name's not 'nerd', if you guys haven't noticed by now. I'm Josh Rose? Species human?" I explained, feeling like I was teaching a baby my name. Lola-Rose didn't look amused. She just rolled her eyes. Gee, thanks alot!

"So! I'll need a beauty budget - 200 dollars a week -, Hair and beauty treatment by a professional, wardrobe, and what else.....? Oh yeah, proper food. That sloppy cafeteria food they serve in those movies I watch will totally ruin my figure. Kay?" Lola-Rose demanded, as she stuck her nails out for Hannah to file. I had only just found out her name. Like I said, I'm not exactly very sociable. Okay, I'm not sociable at all. But excuse me if I have a life goal other than being the top dog of school.

To be honest, what's that gonna do for your record? I mean seriously. 'Wow! This girl had 14 major-cute boyfriends in all over her highschool years, a billion and one friends and an grade average of C-! She passed the test, she knows everything about being a brainsurgeon! Let's hire her!' Whatever. I'd choose movies and fake characters over fake real people anyday.

"Sorry, but I only get a quarter of the amount of money you demanded every month, I don't know any supermodels but I'm sure I can get a clown to do your makeup for you, you can try wearing my dog's sparkly pink collar including fake, dirty silver sequins, I don't even think I will be providing food for you -unless you like my mom's oven pizza- and what else.....? Oh yeah, I'll be filming you with my $120 camcorder, not my $12,000 studio so you can forget about being on the red carpet." I pointed out sarcastically. Man, this girl was worse than I thought!

Lola-Rose knitted her eyebrows together and glared at me. "Seriously. People can get on my friggin' nerves so much!! But, I guess that's the way normal people are. Ugly and crabby. Perfect. Anyway, here's my address." she snapped her fingers and immediately Hannah reached into her purse to give Lola-Rose her notepad. Alex came out with a sparkly pink pen. Man, they were like servants....She tore a note off and stood up. "Are we going? This guy is so unmacho and uncute...." Alex said dumbly.  

"Well obvs! Enough talking with the geek. I'm getting a headache!" she moaned. I shook my head in disbelief. Lola-Rose was a definite challenge alright.....