Chapter 2- Kiss me IF you can

Lola-Rose's P.O.V.

“But daddy, I totally, like, need your marketing team to spread posters around the country! Oh, and a website so it’s convinient for people who, like, live all the way in Canada! I mean, aren’t I fit to be ‘Dazzling Diva’?” I pleaded. And HELLO-O! I don’t beg. Well, until the crocodile tears came out.  Then that would get me what I wanted.

“I’m sorry honey, but you need to work hard to get the award on you own.” Dad apologised. Too right he should. “And pumpkin, it’s a highschool competition, not Miss. America!” he chuckled.

I stuck out my bottom lip – making sure not to rub any lipgloss off, duh! – and instantly the fake tears came out. “But Daddy! Don’t you love me? I just wanted to make you proud….I’m sorry if I bothered you.”

Dad’s face softened as he cuddled me. The prickly grey cashmere rubbed against my cheek. “Well, I’ll see if I can figure something out, okay? For my beautiful princess. It’s just we’re planning to chop off that ugly forest up near Blossom Lane to build it into a new mall! And guess what I’m going to call it? Blossom Rose Mall! After you!” I couldn’t help but roll my eyes a bit behind his shoulder.

I fake-squealed and jumped around a bit. "Eee! Thank you Daddy! Love you." 'I'll think about it' always meant a yes, sooner or later, anyway. Dad laughed. "Love you too, sweetheart. Now, back to the plans for the food court...." he kissed me on the cheek quickly and turned back to his staff.

I walked out of his office and walked in on Hannah trying to straighten her hair with a mini-straightener while Alex was flirting with some totes un-KYUTE boy. I marched up to Alex. "Do you mind? Come on already! I need to, like, totes get my pedi appointment! Come on, chop chop, Time is money, girls!" Alex immediately said goodbye to the boy and waddled in her ugly purple-and-pink heels while Hannah stuffed the Straightener back into her handbag quickly.

"So sorry, Lola-Rose! The boy's just a piece of yummy yummy yummy!" Alex giggled, as she winked flirtatiously at the boy who was leaving. "Took you long enough! God. What-ever. HANNAH! Stuff that thing in  your purse and get up! Come on!" I shouted. I didn't want to be so fierce but sometimes my girls had a screw loose. Or two. "Right! My mistake, Lola-Rose. Let's go!" Hannah chirped. How. Annoying.

I shook my head and sighed dramatically. "Let's just go before slutty Alex hooks up with every guy in California." I muttered angrily under my breath. "What did you say, Lola-Rose?" Hannah asked. "Nothing!" I snapped. "Let's go! What are we doing! Come on!!" I strode with very big steps as I left. The girls followed quietlyy behind, scuttling to keep up with me.

After the pedi and mani ( I had to pay for the girls' too, I know right, how nice am I? L.O.L! I guess I'm just too kind!), my next part of the plan was already in action. Rebecca Kingsley, my number-one arch enemy and preppy cheer leader captain, had a team of the blah-blah-blah rich academy in  London blah-blah-blah supporting her campaign. Oh! How convinient. There were the rich snobs! Giggle. Now, time for a little seducing....

Josh's P.O.V.

"How would you like to be the representative for our school and take part in the California Film Festival?!" Mr. Dean asked excitedly. My jaw dropped. I'd been wanting to do this for........well, all 16 years of my life! Okay, exaggerating a little, ever since I found out about the festival, anyway. The prize for the best film/documentary was a PRO 2 week film-making course in Hollywood! Oh, and a small golden trophy but who cared aqbout THAT?! I needed to win, man!

"Well?" Mr. Dean asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "Well, does Angelina Jolie star in Lara Croft? YES! it would be an absolute honour, Mr. Dean." I tried to keep my calm but inside I was jumping around like a little three year old girl getting a pink pony for her birthday. 

"Excellent. I knew you'd be up for the job! So, to guarantee the trophy and the prize I thought you might like to do something challenging! Something out of your limits! Something......incredible! Something human. Anything that's bound to make the audience go 'WOW!!! Look at that kid! he's got talent, alright!' Come on, Josh! The film festival is just 6 weeks away. You're not the type of guy to let  me down!" Mr. Dean babbled, as he gave me a pat on the back and started drinking his strong, bitter black coffee.

"You got it, Mr. Dean. Wow is my middle name." I grinned, and gave him a salute. The teacher smiled back, and went back to reading his newspaper. I shrugged, and let myself out of the office. Then the bell rang. For once, I was glad it was the end of lunch. It would give me time to think about the subject for my movie! I didn't have to listen to boring old Mrs. Winfrey, I had went ahead and read the next two chapters on Atoms and Isotopes already, anyway.

***

"Finally! Class is over. I didn't wanna have to listen to one more second of the teacher droning on about Photogenisis anyway! So, you coming to the Pizza Place? We're celebrating Kayla's birthday." Derek cried, slamming his locker shut. "Maybe later. I gotta bounce! Wish Kayla a Happy B-day from  me!" I shouted, already running outside for some new inspiration. God, I needed that prize badly....