Chapter Eight Kevin's POV

Chapter Eight Kevin’s POV

From the first moment I saw this woman on the annual charity dinner a year ago I felt the electricity between us, there definitely was chemistry. We both had different partners back then, but that didn’t keep us from enjoying some small talks and a very intense eye contact when my father introduced us.

My father is very fond of her, he doesn’t travel to any country without her on his side, he really spoils her, she even sometimes call him by his first name, he thinks she is a part of this company’s future, he even put her on the board after only three years.

I can see clearly why he respects her this much, when I took over the business, I looked into the files of all the employees especially the board members and looked deeply into Tania Crown’s file to see if she deserves all the privilege she is getting and this huge salary that is higher than most of the board members salaries.

To my surprise, she is a really hard worker. The first to get to the office and the last leave, in three years she did not take any day off, not even a sick day, she even worked on some weekends.

So when I got to New York’s offices I decided to check on her first thing, in fact I was really looking forward to seeing her even after a whole year. Truth is, after I saw her that time and read her file I became fond of her myself. I felt I must get to know her much more.

As soon as I got to the company I went to her office, I wanted to see anything related to her. I saw how tidy her office is, very well decorated, modern and elegant; I could tell she has a classy taste. I checked her books behind the desk and found out we have the same taste in literature, we read the same book genres.

“Excuse me sir” I heard a very gentle and sweet voice, I turned to find her looking at me with very confident eyes yet shy in some way. She really is the most beautiful woman I’ve seen, not very tall, she is so natural, the brightness of hair is amazing, and her almond shape eyes are glowing. This girl did something to me. My eyes lit as I saw her and I was so glad I am going to see her every day.

Tania Crown did a great job in the negotiations with the Japanese, she was not only translating, she was closing the deal. I am not as fluent as her in Japanese but I surely did understand what happened in that conference room. Of course I will not tell her about my ability to speak Japanese; I want an excuse to take her with me on all the coming travels to Tokyo.

So after this great success in the deal, the board decided to celebrate but I wasn’t willing to go until I knew that Tania is going, it was a good chance to see her outside the company.

This woman makes my heart skip a beat. The night was awesome, I found myself taking care of her as if she was my girlfriend, she is such a fun a girl, exactly my type: serious when she has to be and fun when she has to be. As the night ended I was worried she took a little bit more of wine then she should and I was determined on driving her home but she rejected.

She shocked me, I was never rejected before, it was one of the few times that I ask women to drive them home without any intention of getting in the house and the first time ever to get rejected. I did not know what to think, maybe she does not like me, or she could be dating someone, a girl as gorgeous as her cannot be single.

This feeling is so foreign for me, why am I so desperate to see her? My previous relationships with women were simple: I see a beautiful girl, we go out for a while, we develop some kind of physical relation and then I lose interest. I never dated more than one woman at the same time, but I never dated a woman more than three months. The problem is that most of the women I meet are more interested in my money and image then my personality, they are so fake, so opportunists. I began to think that all women are the same, until I met her and got to know her much and much more.