Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

While I was in the Jacuzzi resting a little bit before showering and going back home, I called Sofia and told her what happened. I literary had to hold the cell phone away from my ear because she was screaming so loud.

“So did you tell Matt that you’ll be going alone?”

“No, I am still taking him with me” I said proudly.

“What? The man asked you to be alone, he almost literary told you that he likes you.” She snapped yelling at me.

“No, he just gave me an order, why would I want to obey him?”

“Because you know you want to, you are just too proud and too self centered to admit it, you will make him pay for ignoring you all this time.”

“You know me too well my dear friend” I smirked as I ended the phone call.

Sofia might be right, it is not that I will make him pay for ignoring me, but I must show him that I have dignity and I am not waiting for a sign from him to be in his arms.

I really had no plan, I just wanted to go to this event, with the gorgeous Mathew and I’ll see what happens then. Whatever Kevin’s reaction will be, I will deal with it with maturity. Matt will be my companion, we will not hold hands, we will not kiss, we will not have awkward/weird/romantic eye contact, it will be as if I am taking a normal friend to dinner.

“Wow Tania, you look absolutely gorgeous, maybe we should just skip this gala and let me rip this dress off you” Mathew said joking as his jaw almost hit the ground from astonishment.

I was wearing the dress I spotted a week ago, a strapless sweetheart neckline black gown by Elie Saab with emerald earrings and ring. My hairstylist did me a Greek model and my makeup artist did a very natural makeup.

“Thank you for the offer Matt but I paid a fortune on this dress I don’t think I wanted to be ripped before I show it to Manhattan’s elite community” I replied as I grabbed my small black purse and went out of the house. Matt himself looked pretty awesome in his black tuxedo. If my heart didn’t belong to Kevin the Arrogant, we would’ve made a great couple.

The ride in the limousine took around 10 minutes but it seemed like a year. I was looking forward to get there and see Kevin but I must admit, I am a little afraid of his reaction when he sees me with Matt however I am also really excited to make my point.

As we stepped out of the limousine, the flashes of the cameras almost blinded me and the reporters started talking loudly. Matt walked beside me as he put his arm on my back, we stopped to take a couple of pictures before entering as I hear a question of a tabloid reporter “Rumors say you are in a love affair with Kevin Jacobs, is this true?”

I felt the blood freezing in my veins; I was completely in shock, where did he get this from? Did anyone see us yesterday in the gym. I tried my best to control my facial expressions as I turned to the reporter, gave him a soft smile and said “As you said dear, rumors.”

Matt grabbed my hand as we walked towards the ballroom. Now that there is no more media I can express my shock.

“Wow!” I shouted as the people around me looked at me.

“I cannot believe the nerves of this guy” I whispered to Matt who was busy checking out a beautiful girl.

“You are quiet the playboy, aren’t you?” I asked him as I hit his shoulder.

“Don’t be jealous honey, she is nothing compared to you but I think we went out for a while, she looks familiar” he smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him as I searched the room for Kevin but instead I saw Sofia and Chris walking towards us with champagne flutes in their hands. Oh alcohol! I definitely need that before seeing Kevin.

“Hey Sof where is the bar?” I asked Sofia as soon as she was next to me.

“You really lost all your manners didn’t you?” she asked looking at me with the funniest look ever.

“You look gorgeous! I absolutely love your dress!” I replied laughing.

“Yeah bribe me with the sweet talk now” she murmured.

“You really look great, and you will look even better if you tell me where the bar is” I said blinking rapidly like Minnie Mouse the Disney character.

“Unbelievable” she replied as she showed me where the bar is.

“A glass of champagne please” I said to the bartender.

“Make them two” I heard Kevin’s voice coming from behind me as I froze in my place. I wanted to turn and admire his beauty but I couldn’t move.

“You are quiet the rebel Ms. Crown” he whispered in my ear as he stood right behind me and i could feel his breath on my neck.

I turned to face him and saw that we were definitely in each other’s personal space. With my high heels, he did not seem much taller, so our faces were few inches away and our eyes were locked. The combination of his perfume and aftershave sent me to another world, all I want now is to put my hand around his neck and kiss him, I wanted to taste his lips, his neck, I wanted to touch him. I backed up a little so I won’t do any of the things I am dying to do, but I hit the bar. He lowered his eyes to my lips, took one hand out of his pocket and tucked a hair behind my ear. My heart almost jumped out of my ribs, my hands were shaking as his fingers touched my face and then my lips. He touched me as if we were alone in the ball room, as if the 400 invitees weren’t there. He looked back into my eyes, brought his mouth right next to my ear and whispered “A queen”. He took his champagne flute and left.

He left me trembling and shaking, my heart was racing, I felt my hands sweating, and I was breathing so heavily. He really has quite an effect on me. I leaned on the bar as the bartender gave my champagne; I drank it all at once and asked for another one, I was barely breathing.

Kevin Jacobs really likes me, I was so happy to know this truth yet so nervous. I really don’t know what to say or how to act when he is around. The moment I see him or smell or hear his voice, I lose all my self confidence and become this shy school girl that is scared of her math teacher.

****************************

Hello dears! How've you been?? 

It might take me a while to update, i am kind of busy these days but will do my best.

PS: you can find attached a picture of Tania's dress to the gala,her hairstyle, jewelry and make up.

  tell me what you think of it.

Fan, comment & vote :)

XOXO