I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

I walked down Maple Avenue looking at the shops as Homecoming was soon and I needed a dress. I stopped in front of a simple boutique and decided to walk inside. "Hello! Welcome to Maple's Finest, how may I help you?" A familiar male voice spoke through the phone at a checkout counter. As he turned around I realized who it was. "Alex?" I asked curiously. Alex blushed, nervously fixing his hair "Um hi, Ariana. What brings you here?" he spoke with a low voice causing me to giggle. "Just shopping for a dress. Homecoming is soon so you know, a girls' gotta look all pretty" I answered simply. He smiled and quickly ran over in front of me as if someone was going to take his job from him "How..How about I help you pick a dress?" He stammered. I nodded as he led me towards the back. "This is where they keep the good dresses" he said. He then handed me 5 dresses to try on and shooed me to the fitting room stall. I put on the first dress which was short and sparkly, I walked out and noticed that Alex made a 'yuck' face and saw him shoo me back into the fitting room. For the next ton of dresses I tried on, none had pleased Alex. I was down to my last dress. The dress went down to my knees and had a little bit of sparkles on its skirt part, it was light pink with a heart shaped jem between the breast. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror before walking out to Alex whom had been stuffing his face with pizza. Alex nearly choked at the sight of me and started mumbling something with a full mouth. "Alright then you do that.." I said, waiting for him to finish chewing. "That's the one! This is the perfect dress!" He said once he finished his mouthful. I squealed but didn't hug Alex. The perfect dress meant I didn't want greasy marks on it. I changed back to my clothes and walked over to the counter to purchase the dress. While Alex rung me up I noticed that there were 3 guys sitting in the waiting area. One of them looked slightly taller than Alex and the others about his height. The tall one was flipping through a hair magazine and nodding to what he saw and the others on their phones. I leaned over to whisper to Alex but before I could I heard Alex say "hey guys! What's up?" He then introduced me to them. The tall one was Jack, the followed Rian and Zack. Alex had told me that these were his brothers. To me, they all looked nothing alike. Maybe he meant brothers in crime? They all looked friendly. I didn't know villains could have siblings. Before I could ask any questions, they were gone and Alex was getting ready to close the store.